ℂ𝕙 11. 𝕀𝕥'𝕤 𝕋𝕚𝕞𝕖

“Tᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ғᴀᴄᴇ ᴀɴʏ ᴄʜᴀʟʟᴇɴɢᴇꜱ ᴀꜱ ᴅᴇᴇᴘ ᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀꜱ ʜɪɢʜ ᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴋʏ.”

The day of Giza's arrival was finally here. All day the lion guard made sure that no one was near the boarder of the pride lands. Simba gathered up his little army and everyone stood at the boarder of the outlands.

I watched the outlands like a hawk. I was far from mentally ready, but I had no other choice. Oh I felt really nauseous.

"Azura." I heard my father call out to me. I turn over to look at him briefly as he walks over to me.

"Yes?" I ask but don't keep my eyes off of the outlands.

"I wanted to come over and apologize...what you're going through is my fault." My father spoke slowly like it pained him to talk and I looked over at him.

"How is it possibly your fault?" I asked.

"We still have some time, so let me explain it to you, long ago your mother and I were in captivity. We were watched by these humans. It was was the worst days of our lives." My father spoke and looked down sadly. I look behind him to see Kion walking over.

"Could you give us a minute?" I asked and he froze. My father shook his head and gestured for Kion to come over.

"He deserves to know this as well." My father spoke and restarted his story as Kion sat down.

"We still lived in a forest but the forest was gated.The treatment we were getting was poor. They tried to force your mother to breed with many other tigers, but I wasn't going to let that happen. One thing you don't know about me...is that I was like you...I had the roar." My father said and both Kion and I gasped at the same time.

"What?..." I mumbled and he nodded his head.

"They tried to harm your mother for refusing to mate with other tigers, and I...I just lost it. I started to attack everyone and everything." I looked over at Kion as my father spoke and we both looked at each other with fear and shock in our eyes.

"The forest caught fire and everything was destroyed and they had to gather us all up and move us. They brought all the captured animals here and that's why we are the only tiger family known around here." My father continued.

"When we were brought here, so was Giza's pack. Unfortunately he had more members than we had. Your father heard there was another tiger family nearby." My mother said as she joined us. Simba and Nala joined us as all and sat by Kion.

"When I used the roar on those people, I lost my power. I don't want that happening to you Azura." My father said and tears came to my eyes.

"What does this have to do with Giza?" Kion asked. My parents glanced at each then looked at all of us.

"Giza was my first love." My mother said and I was dizzy from all this new information. I took a deep breath and waited for my mother to continue.

"I was too young to know what real love was when we got together. Giza treated me poorly, and I was tired of it so I decided to end it. When they brought your father, I instantly fell in love. Giza didn't like that I moved on so quickly though." My mother sighed and I looked to my father.

"He threatened to hurt everyone I love. After he found out you were born, he said to keep you close because he was coming for you." My mother said with tears in her eyes.

"That is why we always had you in one place, we never let you hunt or explore because we were afraid of Giza finding you." My father said and I walked over to my parents for a group hug.