ℂ𝕙 7. 𝕎𝕙𝕠'𝕤 𝕊𝕚𝕕𝕖 𝔸𝕣𝕖 𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕆𝕟?

“ʜᴜʀᴛɪɴɢ sᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ ᴀs ᴇᴀsʏ ᴀs ᴛʜʀᴏᴡɪɴɢ ᴀ sᴛᴏɴᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴀ. ʙᴜᴛ ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀɴʏ ɪᴅᴇᴀ ʜᴏᴡ ᴅᴇᴇᴘ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴛᴏɴᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ɢᴏ?”

After Azura's confession it was as if the world stood still. At first the guard thought it was just a joke. Once they saw the fearful look in Azura's eyes, they knew she wasn't just messing with them.

Kovu wanted to show the guard the secret lair, but Azura was a little hesitant. Something that was theirs and theirs only, was going to be shown. It was their only way to see each other, but now that the others were seeing it, she had doubt that she would ever see Kovu again.

One by one everyone entered the cave, the hole was too small so Beshte had to wait outside. Each member of the guard entered the cave, it was like their lair but so much more spacious.

"This place...is...un-bunga-lievable!!" Bunga said with so much excitement in his tone.

Fuli shrugged as she looked around and sat by the entrance. "It's alright." She said and Kovu looked at her amused. He looked over at Azura and she nodded.

"Isn't she delightful?" Azura said in a weird tone that had the two end up laughing. Kion saw the little moment between he two and rolled his eyes. He did not like Azura being friends with an Outlander, then again that would consider him a hypocrite. He just hoped, that Azura wouldn't get hurt. He promised Busara that he would watch over her.

"So this is how you found about Scar?" Bunga asked and Azura shook her head no. She made her way over to the hidden cave that was hiding behind some random rocks and plants. They tried to cover it as best as they could, because they didn't want anyone to find the cave.

The guard seemed a little hestiant about the cave, but once they saw Kovu and Azura walk in they did too.

"Underground passage ways? Man I should live in the outlands!" Bunga said and Fuli rolled her eyes and Kovu chuckled.

"You're not going to tell anyone about this...right?" Kovu asked Kion who rolled his eyes as he saw the sad look on Kovu's face.

"What you want me to keep your little hang out a secret?" Kion asked as he smirked at Kovu who looked away as he blushed. Azura stepped between the two and glared at Kion.

"Yes, that's exactly what we want. Don't get your hopes up Kovu, Kion is all about ruining my life." Azura scoffed and walked ahead of the rest. Kovu felt awkward because there seemed more to the story between Azura and the guard. Kion watched Azura walk away sadly and glared at Kovu. He didn't say another word and just kept walking.

Once they got to the fork in the passage ways, Azura turned left. Fuli stopped and looked down the other passage way.

"Where does this other path lead too?" Fuli asked and Azura froze. She glanced at Kovu then to Fuli.

"It leads to deeper in to the outlands, not a path you want to go through." Azura said as she kept moving forward. Fuli felt a little suspicious about the other path, but just followed the others down the left passage way.

They knew they were getting close as it started to get a little warmer. Azura stopped, which made everyone else stop. She felt the bad energy again and took a couple steps back. She hid behind Kovu and Kovu tried to comfort her. Kion watched the two with envy in his eyes. He avoided them and walked closer to the opening. His paws felt extremely warm as they touch the cave ground.

What he saw though, was something he wished that could be unseen....

The Spirit of Scar.

Bunga and Fuli also got the chance to see it, and they were just as shocked as well. Unfortunately there was a piece of Lava that must have erupted and landed on the cave ground while they were gone, so no one noticed it but Bunga. Bunga managed to step on it and let out a ear piercing scream. Kion tackled Bunga to the ground and immediately covered his mouth with his paw.