4. Crazy 💞

A million thoughts raced through my mind at once, twirling and weaving into each other to form a chaotic web of mental traffic jams. I knew that it was going to be a crazy weekend, but I never expected anything like this. No one could have imagined anything like this.

I considered saying no, simply because it just didn't feel right to stay the night with a girl who wasn't sober. But it was Jessica. That made it even worse—or better—I didn't even know anymore.

"You want me to stay...here tonight?" I asked, nervously.

"...Is that okay?"

"I don't know...is it?"

"It's just...I don't want to be alone..." she said, rubbing her thumb against the side of the glass.

Is she even thinking straight? I mean, I can barely think straight, so I wouldn't be surprised if she wasn't. But if she's scared of sleeping by herself, I guess I could just stay on this giant couch here...

"It's okay if you don't want to," she said, nervously.

"You just don't want the date to end," I said, trying to lighten the mood a little.

Her lips curled. "It's a date now?"

"You called it one first."

"I did? When?"

"Earlier," I said, suddenly doubting myself.

She did say it, didn't she?

"Well, wasn't it a date?" She pouted playfully. "I've never went on a date with a fan and had them not even acknowledge it as one."

"No—what? I didn't say it wasn't a date. If anything, I did say it was a date until you—"

"I'm just teasing you." She smiled, taking another sip of water. "So you'll stay then?"

"Since you're afraid of the dark, I guess I'll be a gentleman and stay."

Her eyes lit up brightly. "Great. Then can you be a gentleman and turn the heat up too? It's really cold in here," she said, grinning playfully.

I walked over to the thermostat, set the temperature up from 65 to 76, and then sat down right next to her. Her body seemed so tiny compared to the giant California king bed that we were sitting on.

I fixed my jacket that was wrapped around her, pulling it tighter towards her body, and as my hand brushed on her arm, I could feel her goosebumps.

"Are you that cold?"

She nodded.

"Would it help if I sat a little closer to you?" I asked.

She looked at me, a bit surprised at my rather daring question, and I slowly slid my way closer to her until we were right next to each other.

"You just wanted to come closer," she said, smiling to herself.

"How'd you know?"

The warm blasts of air eventually made the room much more comfortable and we chatted for a bit while she sipped on her water. She continued telling me about her life as an idol, how stressful and tiring it was, and how she didn't have any free time to do anything. New York was their last date for the SMTown World Tour, and she was so relieved it was all finally over. It was strange to hear her talk about it that way, but maybe it wasn't as great as it seemed from a fan's perspective.

"You should really go to bed now," I said, as she finished her second glass. "It's almost 3am."

She nodded and walked towards the bathroom. "Do you think there's toothbrushes in there?"