Chapter 18: Realized...

* Mikael's POV

I need to do what is needed to be done. Even though I know, it wouldn't end without any sacrifice. I faced my father. And sensing my seriousness, they stopped laughing.

"Father. Would you help me with Hailey's case?" I asked. Which made my father stood up raising his fist in front of his face. His eyes is blooming with confidence and determination.

"You don't have to ask me that! Because I will! If it's for you, I'll even offer my humble life!" My eyes widened hearing that from him. But that also made me smile a little. This... this.... this response.... reminds me of my father, himself,  whom I admired..... Before... I tapped him on his shoulder.

"Dad, you don't need to offer your humble life..." I said playfully but with seriousness. "As long as you can help, sapat na yon. Hindi ko hinihiling na samahan mo na si Kayla. Kailangan ko pa ang dad ko sa buhay ko.... Hindi man kita kayang patawarin ngayon, sana mahintay mo ang araw na yon... Siguro ngayon hindi ko pa masabi..... Siguro nga, even now I can't say the words to you but, maybe after this mess.... Baka makaya ko nang magpatawad at magmahal ulit tulad ng... Dati....." I was crying when I said that. Totoo naman eh. Kahit pa sa sobrang galit na naramdaman ko sa kanya, I didn't want him to die... not at all...

"I'm very sorry, anak..... kung hindi ko naipagtanggol iyang kaibigan mo... alam ko naman kung gaano siya kahalaga sa iyo... It's just that, I was afraid.. I'm afraid that even with that kind of amount of money, they will be more greedy and ending up endangering you too.... that's why I made that choice..." pagkasabing pagkasabi niya noon, he looked at me with regret and sorrow.... "And seeing you now after all those years we're separated, it brought me pain and made me regret so much about the choice I've chosen.. I thought it would be the best for you but it turned out to be the worse... I'm very sorry. But, you must know that I made that choice not because I'm choosing our wealth over your happiness, because I wasn't. I chose to do that to protect you... I may regret the fact that I couldn't save your joy, I don't feel any remorse in protecting you." He sincerely said which made me smile a little wider. I know that dad. And I'm sorry if I thought you as a selfish person before. Even without knowing your real reason.. I... think... I... I think I can.... forgive you after this all... I love you, dad...

*Drake's POV

Pagkatapos ng napaka makapagdamdaming tagpo ng mga buhay ni Mikael with her dad, we started the search. Along with the Rogaine family, Jersey family helped in the investigation. That made things very possible and easier. Because my family is helping, that means, they're here. My dad, Richard Nixon, Jersey, my mom, Olivia Wilde, Jersey, and my younger brother, Cyrus Dion, Jersey.

"Son, I didn't know that you are acquainted with the daughter of Alfonso. It is a great surprise for us." My dad said, delight was very obvious on his face. If you are wondering who is Mr. Alfonso, it's Mikael's father. Sir, Alfonso Flixon, Rogaine. I also met her mother. Ma'am, Nirvana Wright, Rogaine. And lastly, her older brother, Dane Daniel, Rogaine. Her parents was so warm to me. Although that's kinda the opposite for Dane. He treat me like a boiler and he's the water. Then one time, I tried to come closer to Mikael but he pushed me away, saying that I'm a obstacle in the way although it's wide enough for three busses. Literally. Or maybe for two busses only? Anyway, because of that, I came up with the reason of his indifference to me. He's...

An overprotective brother to her. Seriously, with this face of mine, do I seem like a lunatic or perverted person?

Yes you do. You even proved that when you kissed her without any permission. Remember? My annoying subconscious mind said. Could you just shut up, will ya?

                                                        FLASHBACK

"Mikael? Is that you?" Kakalabas palang nila sir Alfonso and Mikael mula sa kwarto when suddenly appeared a blonde guy. I wonder if he's the older brother that she told me about.