Chapter 11: Kiss

* Mikael's POV

"Beth!" I heard Hailey called.

"Hailey. What?" I asked.

"What will you do in sports fest?" She asked which made me raise my brow.

"Huh?" I asked, raising my brow.

"You didn't know?" She asked, surprised.

"About what?" I asked. Confusion is eating me.

"About the sport fest?" I shook my head at negation. "Huh?!" She exclaimed.

"Sorry, I didn't knew." I said. Raising both of my hands.

"It's gonna be for Thursday and Friday. Two days!" She happily said.

"Ohh. Three days from now." I said, nodding.

"So? What sport are you going to do?" She asked. I thought about it then, a thought came across in my mind.

"Maybe..... racing." I answered.

"Racing? Why racing?" She asked.

"Well, it's my hobby. Racing. Running. And anything have to do with race. And I'm quite good at that. A professional racer." I said. But I am kidding.

"Really?" She asked. She took the joke seriously.

"No silly. But it's true that it's my hobby, and I'm quite good at racing." Well, the racing and hobby part is true.

"Well that will be great. And they will give surprises for the winners, I heard." Then she looked at her watch. "Oh sorry Beth, I have to go." She said.

"Go on." I said. Maybe it's important. And, uwian na din naman.

"Bye!" She as she left. Then I felt someone at my back.  Then I sighed. Ano ba tong isang toh, ninja? I chuckled.

"What are you doing there? Creeping me out? Drake." Then I heard him laughed.

"How did you knew I am the one creeping at your back?" He asked. Smiling.

"I got a feeling." He just chuckled.

"Oh, did your father called you?" He asked that made my mood boil. I hate hearing something about my father.

"Tsk. He have. And been begging me to come back. Tsk." I said. I still haven't forgiven him.

"Why don't you give him a chance?" I sent him a death glare. "Whoa... easy there. If looks can kill, you should been arrested for murder by now." He chuckled. Then he became serious. "I am serious. Why don't you give him a chance? I know he done a lot to you but he really does regret it. I think. Oh c'mon, he wouldn't have called you and apologized for it if he haven't. Right?" He said. It was true but...

"I know. I like to forgive him already but, my heart and rage in it won't let me." Then he hugged me. "Drake..." I called. This is............ awkward.

"Mikael.... You have to let go the past. You need to. You can't go on if you're still holding in the past. And besides, you need to come back as their heir for you to protect Hailey, right?" He asked. He's right but....

"I know. But right now, I can't face him. Just, time. I need some time to prepare myself." I said looking down.

"You better to. You are the only heir of the Rogaine's family. Right?" He said.

"Right." Then he pulled back.

"And I am meaning to ask this but, why aren't your older brother become their heir?" He asked. Should I tell him? Ugh! Bahala na!