Surprise

My breath hitches as the bus came to a sudden stop that caused me to wake up. "You good up there Sammy?" I rolled out of the bed, wrapped myself up in my blanket, and moved to the front of the van.

"Yeah, fine."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, just some idiot pulled out in front of me."

"Oh, gotcha." I sat in the passenger seat beside him.

"Go back to bed Tyler. You need to be completely better for the show tonight."

"I don't want you to be lonely, and besides, I have plenty of time to rest between now and the show." I felt better, definitely not one hundred percent, but better.

"Okay, if you're sure."

"Absolutely. How are you doing?"

"I'm alright. I'm really enjoying traveling with you guys. I thought for sure you would pick someone that's more of a professional to drive you for this tour."

"No way dude. You did our last tour and it was amazing. You don't try to improve something that doesn't need improvement so we kept you." I smiled.

"Thanks Tyler."

"No problem. Hey I'm going to grab my phone and notebook, I'll be right back."

"Okay." I got up and quietly moved to the back of the bus where my things were and brought them to the front with me. "Alright. You did this last tour so I thought we could make it a tradition. There's a song I've been working on for the next tour and I was wondering if you wanted to hear it."

"Of course." Sam listened to me as I tried to sing what bits of the song I had written. "Dude that's sick."

"You think so?"

"Yeah, it's different. I like it. Does it have a name?"

"Yeah, it's called Bandito."

"Makes sense."

"Yeah, I think that will be the next albums thing you know? No Phun Intended and Regional at Best were to lay it all out, 'we all have problems' and Vessel and Blurryface were saying 'okay we have these problems, let's defeat them.' Whatever this guy is going to be called, it'll have the same kind of meaning."

"I love the way your mind works Tyler Joseph." Sam shook his head. We talked all night about our pasts and how we were raised. We told each other everything, like best friends getting to know about each other.

"So Sam, when do you sleep? I mean you drive all night and I usually see you around the venue or your post on Instagram during the day."

Sam laughed, "Well I sleep usually through most of the morning depending on when we get to the venue, and sometimes I sleep through shows or before them even though I prefer to watch them."

"Oh gotcha."

"Yeah."

"Alright well I'll talk to you later Sam. I need to shower because I didn't do that last night."

"I would definitely do that." Sam laughed.

"Yeah." I joined him in the laughter.

"Alright, see you later bud." He put his full focus back on the road and I gathered up my stuff and moved it back to my bunk. I grabbed some new clothes and went into the small bathroom. I took a quick shower and laid back down in my bed. I got under my blanket and played on my phone for a minute, it was five thirty so I turned my phone off and went back to sleep.

I didn't wake up until nine, but it was much needed rest. I moved from my bunk to one of the small sitting arrangements and turned on the tv. I finally found Friends on one of the stations and watched it as Josh woke up and eventually joined me.