Chit Chatter

Since it was really late when we got home from playing spotlight, we just decided to all sleepover at Payton's. It's really weird for me to have mixed gender sleepovers, considering in New York if you even asked your parents if you could sleepover at a boy's house it'd be a big fat NO. But here, they were all friends with eachother and grew up together so no one cared. I love that. Rory had already called Aunt Ally and told her we were both going to stay over and she agreed. Everyone else was on the phone with their parents, everyone was saying yes. 

"SLUMBER PARTY!" I screeched, jumping on the couch. I landed on top of Rory and Payton, causing them to grunt in displeasure. 

"Get off Tessssssss!" Rory groaned, trying to push me off of his lap but failing. 

Payton just sat there giggling.

I gripped onto him and wrapped my arms around his stomach. 

"NEVER!" I screamed, it was funny annoying Rory. 

Suddenly I felt someone grip me around the waist and pull me off of Rory, landing me on the ground. 

I made an un-human noise that probably sounded like a drowning fish. 

"WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!" I screamed at the accomplice. I turned around and saw Cam standing over me, staring down at me. 

He just chuckled and said, "We need to talk." 

Everyone just screamed "Ooooooooh, someone's in trouble", making it extremely awkward.

"I hate you all." I replied, exiting the downstairs living room with Cam.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Why do we need to talk?" I replied. 

"Why are you being weird around me again?" He said seriously, he stared right into my eyes. I looked down at the ground. Awkward eye contact made me uncomfortable. 

"I'm weird around everyone!" I said jokingly, trying to end this awkward situation fast. 

I hoped he would just be like "Okay, awesome!" or something and let me go back with everyone.

That was not the case.

"No seriously, everything was going great last night. Why are you avoiding me now?" He said, looking sad. 

I couldn't hold it in any longer.

"Why did you lie about going to Juvy, doing drugs and shit, and using girls for sex?!" I said to him, now staring him straight in the eyes. I was testing him. I had the upper hand now.

"You never asked, it's not really something I bring up to girls I like." He told me calmly.

"You like me?" I said softly, "Wait, don't change the subject. Why would you do all that bad stuff?"

"Yes Tess, I do like you. It's pretty obvious for anyone to see." He said frustrated, then he adverted his eyes to the ground as he continued to say, "It's in my past. I regret it. I never do any of that stuff anymore." 

I had to smile at the first part and then in my serious tone I replied, "Well, what am I supposed to do then?" 

"Trust me." He said, staring me right in the eye. I could tell he was waiting for my reply nervously and I could also tell he really did like me.

"Okay." I replied happily. 

He tried getting up when I grabbed his wrist and forced him to look at me.

"BUT, you have to promise me you won't do any of that stuff anymore. " 

"I promise." He said smiling, intertwining our fingers. It felt like my arm was being charger with electricity. I don't know how he had this effect on me.