The Meeting

"So what do you want to do tonight?" Hope asked me giddily, sitting next to me on my bed.

"What is there to do?" I replied. Honestly, I didn't think there was much to do in Leeds, North Dakota.. considering there population was a whole 500 people. 

"Well we could go to the gas station and buy some snacks, it's just down the road. Then we can come home and watch movies?" She asked me, I could tell she wanted my approval. Not quite sure why though.

"Sounds great! Just let me change quick," I told her, walking over to the walk-in closet to choose clothes. I decided on a pair of Miss Me jeans and a baby blue plaid shirt that I had gotten at TopShop recently. I slipped them on quick and then grabbed my comb to brush through my snarly long gold hair. 

"Ready!" I told Hope when I was done, as I headed towards the door. 

"I'll tell Rory where we're going and then we can go," she informed me, walking over to Rory's room that was to the right of mine. Hope knocked on his door and Rory opened it within 5 seconds of her knocking. She stepped into his room a little bit, I just stood in the doorway.

"Yeah?" He questioned us.

"We're going to go get food at Cenex, want anything?" She asked him. He looked from me to her and shook his head. 

"Nope, I'm good." He replied to us, then he shoo-ed us out of his very messy room. What an odd child. 

"How are we getting there?" I asked Hope as we were walking out of the house.

"Walking," She simply stated, walking ahead of me. 

"Oh." I replied, walking quicker so that I'd fall back into step with her. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright. Icecream, Chocolate, Chips... Sound good?" She asked me, looking intently at her arms filled with food. 

"Uh, yeah that should be good." I replied, giggling at the funny sight of her and her over flowing arms of junk food. 

We walked over to the check out line and I noticed two boys were in head of us, talking to the cashier. 

"Who are they?" I whispered to Hope.

"They're from South Africa." She informed me.

"How old are they?" I questioned.

"Um, the one leaning against the counter is 23 and the other one is 18," she said, I could tell she was trying to remember the facts about them.

"Names?" I whispered loudly to her.

"I forgot... All I know is, all the girls here are going crazy for the 18 year old," She replied, blushing a little bit. I could tell she was one of those girls. 

"They're attractive," I noted.

"They're trouble," She simply replied, leaving me confused.

The boys finally got done talking to the boy behind the counter and were still hanging around the check-out counter. But it was our turn, we set everything down and the cashier guy started ringing everything up.

I caught eye contact with the 18 year old. He was VERY attractive. He had sandy brown hair, these ocean blue eyes that made my heart race faster than normal, and tanned skin. He gave me a half-smile and I smiled back shyly. Hope was paying and I grabbed the bags from the counter, I could still feel his eyes on me. 

We turned to leave, exiting the building. I felt someone grab the door behind me. I turned around and there he was, looking right at me. 

Him and his friend were walking right behind us. Hope was looking at me out of the corner of her eye, she obviously noticed them walking behind us too. 

They got to their car but before they got in, I heard one of them clear their throats. 

"Do you need a ride home?" the 18-year old asked us, eyeing me. 

"Actually-" I began.

"Yes, we would love one." Hope informed him, opening the door of the car.

I took her for a shy one, guess I assumed wrong. 

I opened the door to the seat behind the passenger, while Hope sat next to me.

We settled in, the boys sitting in the front. The older one was driving and he revved up the engine. 

"Well thank you," I said, to the younger boy in particular. 

"No problem, are you new around here?" He turned around and asked me. 

My heart skipped a beat.

"I'm staying here for the summer," I replied shyly. 

Snap out of it Tess, I thought.

"What are your names?" The older one asked us, still paying attention to the road.

"I'm Hope. Her name is Tess," Hope answered for us both.

"Well my name is Cam and this here is Bucky," He said pointing to his friend that was driving. Bucky was actually good looking also, he was blonde and had sea foam green eyes from what I could tell.

"Which way?" Bucky asked us, mainly asking Hope. 

Hope began a conversation with Bucky about where her house was. 

Cam turned around so he was just facing me, because I was sitting behind him. 

"Where are you from?" he asked me, his blue eyes gleaming in the darkness.

"New York, what about you?" I pointedly asked him, even though I already knew. 

"South Africa," he replied simply.

"Why would you come here?" I asked him, hoping I wasn't being too blunt.

"Farming money is good here." He said, not giving anymore information. 

Then I noticed the car stopped and we were outside of the house.

I quickly unbuckled and we said our 'thank you's to the boys. 

As I was walking up the drive way into the house, I turned around and noticed Cam's eyes still glued to me. 

I felt a chill go through me, in a good way.

I definetely wanted to know more about this boy.

We got into the house and first thing Hope did was start squealing. 

"THEY GAVE US A RIDE HOME!" She screamed from next to me.

"WHY ARE WE JUMPING UP AND DOWN?" I asked her as she grabbed my arms and starting jumping up and down, causing me to do so too.

"EVERY GIRL IN LEEDS WILL BE SO JEALOUS!" She said, still jumping. 

"WHYYYYYYYYY?" I asked confused, I stopped jumping so I could look at her with my confused face.

"They're hot! They're from South Africa! Every girl here has been eye-ing them since they came here a year and a half ago!" She told me excitedly, her eyes sparkling. 

"Wow." I replied, crinkling my forehead. 

Why would Cam be staring at me then? 

~~~~~~~~~~

MERP HELLO, I'M REALLY EXCITED ABOUT THISSSSSS STORY :) i love it. I love Cam. I love everyone. It will get cuter :) Anyways, my birthday's tomorrow YEAH YEAH. So i was hoping I could maybe get 5 votes and then I'll update again? :) sound good? alright, BYYYYYYYYE NUGGETS. COMMENT/VOTE/FAN/WHATEVER

xoxo-m