Leeds Day

"TESS! HOPE! RORY! WE'RE GOING TO GO TO LEEDS DAYS IN AN HOUR!" My aunt yelled, making me groan from tiredness. Me and Hope didn't even get to bed until about 2 A.M. last night after we watched Mean Girls and She's the Man (favorite movie ever).

"Get up lazy," Rory said, coming into my room and flopping on my bed beside me.

"Ror, as much as I love you... GET OUT." I screamed in my morning voice, my voice cracking at the 'out' part of my sentence. 

"Yeah yeah, just wear something pretty. I'm going to show you off to my guy friends and make them jealouuuuuuuuuuus." Rory said smirking as he got off my bed and left, closing the door behind him. 

I groaned. Why was he going to 'show me off'? That's just unwanted attention. 

Leeds Days (from what Hope told me) is basically a town gathering. Everyone comes to it and there's games, fireworks, food, and a dance. 

I quickly showered and then I went into my closet and started rummaging through my clothes until I decided on my pretty coral tank top and a comfy pair of jean shorts that I had bought at Hollister like 2 years ago. I changed into my outfit, it was pretty cute if I do say so myself. I went into my bathroom and went to work brushing and blow drying my hair. 

Finally, after curling my long gold hair and applying minimum make up I was done right in time. 

"We're leaving in like 5 minutes!" Hope said, as she walked passed my door. 

I grabbed my over the shoulder boho bag that I was in love with and took everywhere, looked in the mirror quick, and then ran downstairs. 

"Just in time!" My uncle said smiling as we all got assembled to leave the house. 

We walked out the door, got into the car, and off we went.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Over here Tess!" Rory said, guiding me over to where a group of kids our age were sat. I looked back and saw Hope join her group of friends, so I followed him.

Rory sat down at the table and I sat across from him, next to a really pretty girl with dark red hair and dark green and blue eyes. 

"Hey guys! This is my cousin Tess, she's here for the summer." Rory said, smiling brightly.

I felt all eyes on me... I wasn't very insecure, but there's stares were like lasers and it made me feel timid.

"Hi! I'm Payton!" The red hair girl said with a goofy grin on her face, "I'm Rory's girlfriend!" 

So he did have a girlfriend! I looked over at him and smiled at him slyly, winking in his direction. 

He looked at me shyly and smiled. It was adorable. I didn't even know her and I could tell they are perfect together. 

Slowly everyone at the table took turns introducing themselves. 

I'll give you a summary of everyone. 

Alex: He's Mexican-American and has perfect brown eyes, he seems super sweet and I could see us being really good friends. 

Katlyn: She has mousy brown hair and brilliant blue eyes. I could tell she's shy and maybe even a little intimdated by me, but I could also see me and her getting along. 

And then there's Quin & Laura who are obviously a couple by the way that they're holding hands and smiling at each other. Laura's bleach blonde and gorgeous, while Quinn has dark brown hair, tanned skin, and vibrant green eyes. 

Why was everyone here so good looking? 

I quickly looked down at my phone to see that no one had texted me, then I heard another voice.