6.2 The Empress's Rite

Start from the beginning

After all, Lang Yuan is from the twenty first century. Smelling bad for him is not a hobby.

The scene playing in front of them is almost magical. Invisible curtains seem to be being pulled apart rendering an image of a shadow slowly illuminating an image. The steps are slow yet graceful, pacing as the body elegantly letting out an indescribable shine. The maids who are following the image of Lang Yuan can't help but to pray to the goddess.

The concubines could only vomit blood.

They already expected the candidate empress to be beautiful... but not this beautiful! Lang Yuan's image that is totally evolutionized through constant transformation of genes causing him to earn a beautiful face. True, most of the people on the twenty-first centuries are good looking. Lang Yuan is one of them.

But to vomit blood is not due to his beauty. That is due to the little boy casually walking with his mother hand in hand without care in the world. They even heard the child giggle.

"Your highness," Lang Yuan settled in front of the empress dowager and bowed. Zhong Song told him the ways of greeting and introducing himself in front of the emperor's mother. He must make sure that he is sincere and showing respect more than anything else. The Empress dowager studied the figure of Lang Yuan as he bowed low touching the ground.

"Rise," Kang QuiYue commanded. Lang Yuan only sat straight.

In closer inspection, Lang Yuan can see the beauty of the empress dowager despite the hint of age. Yu XueQin did not look the same with his mother but he can see the same wavelength between them. The Empress Dowager has this coldness around her yet her motherly figure cancels it. There is strictness from her eyes yet the way she look at people gives her a caring image. Lang Yuan is slowly liking the older woman. He has a mother but often out seldom in. Though, he knows that his mother has this kind of attitude.

"What is your name, dear?" The empress Dowager asked coldly.

"Your Highness, this humble servant's name is Lang Yuan. Lang that is written as jade-like stone and Yuan written as reason," Lang Yuan said.

(A/N: Can anyone check whatever nonsense I'm writing ha ha ha ha)

[Lang 琅 , Yuan 缘]

The Empress dowager arched her brows. What is this kid saying? Lang Yuan still carelessly forgot that nothing is written in Chinese in this world. The emperor also has the same expression. He never thought that writing Lang Yuan's name has a certain meaning. By the way, he has not yet seen this youth write or read anything thinking that he's illiterate.

"How old are you?" Kang QuiYue asked.

"Your highness, this servant is already eighteen years old..." Lang Yuan thought. He didn't know how age works in this world. He only said the age he remembers he has.

"Still quite young," the dowager frowned. "Actually... too young."

After all, Lang Yuan is a human. The dowager is older than the ten thousand year emperor is. Lang Yuan can still be seen as a sperm dangling on his father's junior. Though, this age still surprised the women of the harem. Eighteen? Still too young yet was able to hatch the egg of the emperor? If he is this strong at this age, how stronger can he be in the future?

The dowager asked a few more common questions like where he lives or the name of his parents. Lang Yuan doesn't know anything about this bodies' original life setting so Zhong Song prepared him a script.

He introduced himself as a son of a farmer who has his land taken by some bandits. His family was killed and he is the only survivor. He was thrown to an orphanage, recruited by the sect... And the common cliché plot any writer could write. And due to Lang Yuan's natural talent of making up, he was able to convince the dowager.

"How unfortunate," The dowager said. "Your karma from the previous life must have been bad."

The concubines hid a snicker. Lang Yuan lowered his head. What the hell does that mean? These people believe in karma and shit? Everyone thought that Lang Yuan felt ashamed and is bowing his head. JiDan walked beside his mother to comfort him.

The empress dowager eyed the crimson-eyed prince. The cold features she has suddenly shifted to a warm smile. Seeing a small child like this really makes anyone feel warm specially that he is seeing her own son to this kid. The concubines now cursed. They could have easily eliminated this effeminate man if only he did not have the son of the emperor. After all, the empress dowager has been waiting for an heir for ten thousand years. If anyone of them can give a prince then they will be treated differently.

"My child, dear," the empress dowager called.

JiDan turned his head towards the grandmother. The dragon boy then formally greeted the royalty, cupping his hands while bowing down. Kang QuiYue was surprised on how this small child shows the sense of discipline and strictness with him. With a smile, the Empress Dowager gestured JiDan to come. The kid gave a smile and walked towards the old lady.

Close enough, JiDan is a healthy boy. His skin is smooth and the muscles are lean. The soul power that he has inside is also full. The empress dowager brushed her fingers to the kid's cheeks. JiDan shyly smiled feeling happy from his grandmother's touch.

"This plump boy is healthy. Excellent and intelligent for his age," the dowager complimented. "Your mother must be giving you enough nutrition."

"My mother gave me life and love. It is too much that I can't breathe," the kid shamelessly said.

Lang Yuan : Ji-ji, you don't have to say it like that!!! (0///^///0)

The empress dowager chuckled. Like father, like son, indeed.

Kang QuiYue already has a feeling that this empress candidate is a black horse so she did not ponder much. Actually, giving her an heir is already a gift. Looking at JiDan, can anyone be so happy to see a healthy boy like this? Some of the hatched egg will take time to grow. At least in a month the dragon boy will took shape on its five-year-old state. Yet, this kid in front of him is too strong that the boy can be thrown in the middle of the war and still survives until the end.

"Your Highness," the dowager called the emperor. "I would like to have a chat with the candidate empress. Permit us to have a tea inside."

"The pleasure is yours, Lady," Yu XueQin agreed. "If that is so then I will leave him in your care. A eunuch will come to escort the empress candidate later for his room."

"Yes, your Highness," the dowager complied.

With one last bow and some pleasantries, Yu XueQin left the scene. Zhong Song paid a short visit to the dowager. He is not Zhong Song's mother but the lady took good care of him like a son. He left after Yu XueQin.

Lang Yuan who is still stunned in place watched as the back of his only support left the scene. What do they mean that they'll come back later? Are they planning to leave him alone in this place? Alone in this...

Lang Yuan's mind played a rated gore film about him being killed and tortured.

He respected the ladies, really. Actually, he loved his little sisters and some of her older female cousins. But this is different. Not anyone can meet a female dragon that is purely fierce and viscous that can cut a hundred men by just using her talons. What's more, in this harem that has twenty of them?

But my Ji-ji... JiDan will stay right?

"Mother, granny said that I should come with father. She wanted to talk you personally," JiDan said.

Lang Yuan's world started to crumble as he was dragged inside the Western Palace filled with the World's most dangerous beasts.

____________________________________________
Yay! An update! Thank you for reading my rotten readers 😂😂😂 we've reached 25k+ reads.