A Lovely Ride into Summer

Start from the beginning

Then one day Tom showed him speaking to Dumbledore back in the day. How Hagrid was blamed, how HE pinned it on him. A giant spider...was it really a spider? No, Lyra said it was the school's guardian. Perhaps it was easier to say it was Hagrid because he brought in dangerous creatures.

As time sped up though Harry was still beginning to understand the diary. Then he had to leave it alone to pick his third year classes. He chose divination and Care for Magical Creatures. Then returned to find the diary stolen. It was stolen! Harry soon heard a voice again after one Quidditch match was canceled.

But it got worse...it was Hermione. Hermione was petrified along with another classmate. His best friend! It didn't sit well. Perhaps this is what Filch is feeling without Mrs. Norris? It had to, they were close if not closer than Hermione was to him. He needed this to stop! So, going through the telepathic link he discovered what it was. A basilisk?

He found where the opening of the chamber was, knock Lockhart out so he wouldn't get in the way, accidentally obliviating his memory up until the day he was born, and went to face the beast. Or at least at first...

He saw there pale as ever...Ginny Weasley. The girl he hung out with almost all this year who wrote in her...wait was that Journal Tom Riddle's? Oh of course it was! It explained so much! Everything made more total sense! But that means she's in peril!

The mortified look of Tom Riddle was a rare sight. Looking at it was like finding the fountain of youth. No one could believe it. However no one but him in that very moment knew the reason why. Yes, he killed someone. He's always threatened to do so in the past. However, seeing who was the victim shot him with regret. He was hoping it would be some loser like a Gryffindor but it was a Ravenclaw. One that his one and only true love was friends with. How could he face her? She would find out one way or another. If not from his mouth then from his memory. He let the basilisk out. He was responsible, and she would be the only solid proof. What if he lost her because of this?

(Tom overestimates Lyra's anger >.>)

Many however were filled with glee. Hah! No more devilish, perverted, annoying, ugly, and stupid Myrtle! Myrtle Warren was terrible! How could Lyra Dumbledore, the school's most angelic student, ever see anything good in her?! Myrtle Warren is dead! Myrtle Warren is dead!

However Lyra was not happy. To Lyra, she was the bullied girl. To Lyra, she was the misunderstood. To Lyra, she was judged too quickly. How dare they praise her death?! How dare they suggest that she, a girl who they dubbed without knowing her, devilish? Annoying? She was not ugly! She was perfectly normal, and yes, she will admit, she was a bit on the pervert side but that's they're fault! When you're alone, that can and will corrupt you. Stupid? Little does Ravenclaw know she was the one gathering points! Everyone else is scraping at the bowl! Myrtle, my dear, fair well.

As the days went on only Tom could comfort her. She knew what he had done but it was no secret now that he had been horrified to find that Axel had killed the eagle. Of course, no one knew it was him. He had over the next few days pinned the blame on her own housemate, Rubeus Hagrid. He was only in his third year. Hagrid has his wand snapped and someone took pity into him, giving him a place and a future.

And Lyra? She continued to nurture that remorseful nature hidden away inside of Tom. She hoped Lucy would do the same, if she could.

The Basilisk was chasing the boy like nothing else mattered, and perhaps nothing else did. He was hungry. Starving. However to the boys surprise when he cursed in accidental Parceltongue the Basilisk slowed down in its assault. No, not stopped, slowed. It was confused and so was the boy sucking the life out of the Weasley girl. A parcel mouth? The Phoenix Who game to help was helping all he could. Fawkes had came to his aid despite Dumbledore's order or more correctly, stayed in the school despite Dumbledore leaving. In a sudden moment the snake bit into him but quickly retracted like he really shouldn't have. The bite was deep and Fawkes flew down. Tom looked at Harry. For a second he didn't see green eyes.