|121|Get Comfortable Public Speaking

Know your topic.
The better you understand what you're talking about — and the more you care about the topic — the less likely you'll make a mistake or get off track. And if you do get lost, you'll be able to recover quickly. Take some time to consider what questions the audience may ask and have your responses ready.

Get organized.
The more organized you are, the less nervous you'll be.

Challenge specific worries.
When you're afraid of something, you may overestimate the likelihood of bad things happening.List those things, then challenged them,

Visualize your success. Imagine that your presentation will go well. Positive thoughts can decrease some of your negativity about your social performance and relieve some anxiety.

Do some deep breathing. This can be very calming. Take two or more deep, slow breaths.

Focus on your material, not on your audience.
People mainly pay attention to new information — not how it's presented. They may not notice your nervousness.

Don't fear a moment of silence.
If you lose track of what you're saying or start to feel nervous and your mind goes blank, it may seem like you've been silent for an eternity. In reality, it's probably only a few seconds. Even if it's longer, it's likely your audience won't mind a pause to consider what you've been saying. Just take a few slow, deep breaths.
Recognize your success. Everyone makes mistakes.

Get support

—————-

Requested by @roanfowler...If you have any request, just comment it or private message me and I will answer them the next time I publish or the next QOTW