Chapter 5: Assault [REVISED]

*Caelum

- Castrafort

I quickly grabbed a black leather jacket hanging beside the door and put it on before I inserted my motor keys on its side pocket. Groping the pockets of my pants, I paused for a while and thought about the things that I might've forgotten even though I only bring with me my keys, wallet, and phone. Got it. I told myself upon making sure it's with me and immediately left my apartment.

Kabubukas ko pa lang ng pinto ay napatigil agad ako when I was surprised by a slim, averaged-height man just standing there in front of the door. I gave him a scowl upon seeing him and he just replied with a wide beam. And here I thought his mere presence was more than enough to annoy me, but what infuriated me more was that he was also wearing a black leather jacket that looked exactly like what I was wearing.

"Hi--"

"What the hell!? You're wearing clothes that I wear now?" I exclaimed. Hindi naman siya natinag sa galit kong tono and maintained his freakishly irritating smile.

"Batet, tuya Taeyum? Baday po ba tha atin to? An podi podi to po, 'no?" F*ck! How could I forget that this sick f*cker doesn't know how to speak well? Hindi ko akalaing may ikaiinis pa ako.

"God, Dim! Just... what's wrong with you!?" I said in furious. I was so close to bursting out my anger. Thank God I was able to control myself before making a scene. Gabi pa naman na at marami ang magigising kung sakaling sumigaw ako with just thin walls separating us.

"Ay thadutin mo muna 'yun tanon to, tuya. Podi diba?" he insisted and that's when I knew that spending just a few more seconds in front of him wouldn't do us any good. And so I just walked out. "Thandayi, tuya! Hindi mo pa nathathagot 'yun tanon to!"

He's persistent as hell! I couldn't believe that I was just planning to head out to relieve some stress, but it's stress that found me in the form of this kid. There goes my supposedly 'me time'.

"Saan paya tayo pupunta? Sama ato! Duthto to thumama tha'yo, tuya!" he continued while trying to keep up with my pace. I just shook my head and tried containing my anger. "Ay payan ayam to na! Matitipad-away ta ba uyit? Duthto to po matita ta uyit matipad-away! An anas anas!" My brows couldn't stop from furrowing trying to understand what he's saying. I know it's in Tagalog, but damn this kid has his own way of speaking. "Taya na idoy na idoy tita eh. An yathat-yathat niyo po!"

Once again, I shook my head to cool it off a bit. I grabbed my phone from my pocket and dialed Renz's number. Dim was still speaking with me enthusiastically on which I didn't give any crap. Gusto ko lang lubayan na ako ng isang 'to, but after a couple of rings, Renz still hasn't answered. I also tried contacting Hope but to no avail. It's either they're already asleep or are probably out on a date again. Maybe I'll try to contact Jake instead.

"Huwag ngayon, Caelum. Tinutulungan ako ni Neesha sa arms na nasira ko kaya busy ako ngayon," Jake spoke from the other line and as soon as he finished, he just cut the line. He didn't even give me a chance to curse at him.

"... an dayin-dayin po tayada n'on!  Pawa po aton nanonood ng acthion movieth!" Dim continued while punching in the air, reenacting the moves I did when he saw me fighting. Sometimes I ask myself if he's really 19 or a 7-year old kid. I was just silent trying to accept the fact that I'll be stuck with him the whole night.

Dim told me several times already how much he idolizes me. He just thinks that I'm cool and badass. I met him being ganged up by goons near the entrance of the hallway when I was on my way home. Instinctively, I helped and saved him from those goons. It turned out that he just moved in and didn't know that the place around is infamous for welcoming new tenants. I should know, I've been there. But unlike him, I was able to protect myself.