Fragile Fury - Chapter Sixteen

Asher watched as Anna sobbed, clinging to Jordan's hand as if was sand that may slip through her fingers. The Lukos had picked him up, six men all muscle and hair moved with elegance. They carried him carefully off through the forest. She never left his side. Then dragons took to the skies, silent eyes watching from above. No one knew what had pulled them down; the Lukos had said it wasn't them, which only left . . .

"Where are we? And how much further do we have to walk?" Ellie asked, "My feet hurt,"

"Shouldn't have worn heels then should you," Asher snapped, "So stop complaining."

"I wasn't planning on falling out the sky, was I?" she sneered.

"Just stop complaining," ASher smirked, "It's not very attractive," He heard Ellie growl, he shruged his shoulders. Apparently she didn't feel like jumping him . . . today.

"Enough already," Vaughn threw his arms in the air. "You two are getting on my nerves!"

Asher growled, and then was in front of Vaughn, the unbelievable speed had served him well, over the centuries. "You talk to a royal without respect?" he said. Vaughn stepped round him.

"So, sue me," he said sarcastically. A girl skipped up to Ellie, long blonde hair fell across her shoulders. Asher could see from where he was that her eyes were almost as blue as the skies.

"We are in France, Princess, Ardennes in France, but the direction we are walking we will cross over into Belgium soon." A pleasant smile broke out on the girls face, "and then we'll be home." She looked so innocent, so pure. Asher couldn't help but lick his lips, Lukos or not, he bet she tasted divine.

Ellie shuddered and stepped away, "you smell so bad, it's ridiculous," she said. The girl giggled.

"I must say, you smell ridiculously bad yourself," the girl scrunched up her nose, "dead and disgusting."

"Well you smell like a wet dog," Ellie said before the pair fell into their silence again.

The pack - with its added vampires, shades, glass angel and whatever else Anna consisted of - wandered soundlessly through the rest of the forest. The smell filling Asher's nose was enough to make him gag, he was sure it was getting stronger still. We must be getting closer to their cave, he thought with distaste. 'Animals, just aren't sophisticated enough to live in houses.' That was something his mother used to say . . . right before a Lukos had killed her. Of course, the incident had only served as fuel to the hate fire burning inside him. Asher would rather be dead than a Lukos, which luckily . . . he was.

A man stopped in front of him, the same man who had pulled Anna from Jordan. Asher rolled his eyes and took a step back, "I do wish you dogs would come with air fresheners," he sighed. "Alpha would be my guess,"

"I am Ulfric of this pack, yes. We do not use Alpha as a title," his condescending tone irritated Asher to the point where he wanted to reach forward, and quite quickly pluck the man's lips from his face. How could he be condescending in his speech, if he had no lips from which to speak? It was logic to Asher.

"Did you want something, Ulfric," Like smiling, Asher had learnt the vampire's version of talking. He could smile perfectly, and never show a hint of fang, and talk without showing a single emotion on his face. Some men, they were meant to die. Asher believed he was one of them, and the afterlife he had, was something few human kings were ever granted with. "You're standing in my way," his eyes flickered over the man's shoulders.

Anna had completely disappeared from sight, as had Jordan on the stretcher. He could see only Ellie, weaving her way between the trees; her Jimmy Choo's sinking into the mud. The princess was never prepared for anything less than a shopping spree, or battle. He wouldn't call on her for help. It was out of the question, she hated him. Asher grinned at that thought.

"I thought I would make if perfectly clear to you," the wolf-man began, "that should you even thick about feeding from, or attacking a single member of my pack. I will not allow you to leave the expedition alive. And might I remind you-"

"Might I remind you," Asher cut him off, "that I couldn't care less, what you plan on doing. I don't even want to be in France. I mean," Asher started the wolf hard in his yellow eyes, "what normal country finds snails and frogs legs a delicacy?" He didn't wait for the wolf to reply, simply side stepped him and dashed off.

Lukos were fast. Vampires were faster.

******************