fourteen

In the locker room, Liam assaulted Gabe in an attempt to find out who shot up Scott's house

"I don't know anything, I swear. I don't know what happened at Scott's house," Gabe heaved out.

"Did you know who was there? Did you know Mason was in there?" Liam asked, shoving Gabe's face further into the mirror.

"No, I didn't know anything. I don't know anything." His response didn't satisfy Liam, so he shoved Gabe's face in further. Gabe screamed out in pain.

"Maybe you haven't noticed lately, but I've been having trouble controlling my anger. When things happen to my friends, I just can't seem to help it," Liam said menacingly, breathing heavily.

"No, Liam, wait! Please!"

"I just get so angry!" he shouted, shoving his face in even more.

The glass cracked underneath the pressure and Gabe whimpered as shards entered his flesh.

"Stop, Liam! Please!" Gabe pleaded.

"You think I'm going to kill you? You think we're all killers? Maybe, we should be!" Liam shouted, slamming Gabe even further.

"You're really gonna kill him? I mean, I don't care if you do. But, have you thought this through? Any idea where you're gonna dump the body? But no one saw you grab him, did they? 'Cause that could be a problem," Theo said with a smirk.

Faye poked her head out from Theo's side. Theo cast his eyes down to her before turning back to Theo. Faye was watching Liam curiously, noticing how bloody Gabe was.

Liam sighed as he turned around, still keeping a grip on Gabe. "I don't care."

"I don't care, either. But, at least let me help! I'm the one with experience here. If we kill him, we'll have to find the witnesses and kill them, too - which means, we're gonna need shovels, some plastic bags, maybe a chainsaw..."

"You've made your point," Liam said as he let go of Gabe.

"And you didn't kill him. That's progress!" Theo exclaimed.

"Why do you keep trying to save me? You think it'll make Scott forget about everything you did, and he'll just let you into the pack? Scott's never gonna trust you," Liam said.

"Theo doesn't have a choice," Faye said, looking at Liam. "As long as I'm alive, he'll continue to help Scott's pack because it's the pack I'm in." Theo looked at her with a raised eyebrow. While she was right, she had never sounded so arrogant - something she usually wasn't. "All Scott wants to do is keep people safe," Faye said. "Beacon Hills is dangerous with the Anuk-ite here."

"He should try harder," Gabe said.

"What are you talking about?" Liam asked.

Gabe looked up from his position on the floor. "You don't know, do you?"

"Know what?" Theo asked.

"About the other bodies."

"What other bodies?" Theo asked again, getting annoyed with Gabe.

Gabe showed the three to a room with a cooler. There was a cooler filled with dead people, who had black markings and veins all over their bodies.

"Does the teacher know about this?" Theo asked.

"That's the teacher," Gabe replied, pointing to a body in the cooler.

"Unless there's a gun in there too, this isn't helping us find the shooter," Liam said with a sigh.

"Why'd you hide these bodies?" Theo asked.

"We didn't wanna get caught," Gabe replied.

"Caught doing what?" Liam asked.

"Testing them... To see if they were werewolves - and they were," Gabe replied.

"Just like you tested Corey?" Liam asked.

"But we didn't kill them. Look at their faces - something else did that."

"The Anuk-ite," Theo whispered.

"Why would it want to kill anyone? It feeds off fear. Dead people aren't afraid," Liam said.

"Maybe, the killing is just a by-product," Theo suggested.

"Of what?" Liam asked.

"Of it looking for its other half," Theo said.

"Which means it's looking for a supernatural creature - someone like us."

"So these three could have been Werewolves, just not the one that the Anuk-ite was looking for," Theo offered. "Which means you've been helping it - idiot," he said to Gabe.

"I don't even know what you guys are talking about. I was just helping Aaron. It was his idea to test everyone," Gabe said helplessly.

"Who's Aaron?" Theo asked.

"He's on the lacrosse team. He's just a freshman," Liam answered. "Aaron didn't want to find more of us. He wanted to find his other half."

"He's the Anuk-ite," Faye whispered. She turned towards Gabe angrily and shoved through Theo, who was surprised by her actions and he stumbled back.

She grabbed his collar and lifted him up slightly, slamming him into a table. He let out a gasp, not being able to breathe properly. Liam and Theo were surprised by her actions. Faye was never bold or went after people like that because she was never good at fighting in the first place.

She leaned down. "Where's Aaron?" she whispered into his ear. "Tell me and I won't bite your ears off."

"I - I don't know!" Gabe shouted. "I swear!"

Faye inhaled his scent and looked at his aura, her eyes glowing. She could smell the fear and guilt, but he wasn't lying. She hummed and bunched her hands around his collar even more. "Where is he?"

"I don't know!"

"I'll kill you," she threatened. "People are dead because of you, so why should I let you live? All sinners should die."

"Faye! Whoa, stop!" Theo shouted, rushing forward to grab her. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her off of Aaron.

"What's happening to Faye?" Liam asked, with wide eyes, walking towards the couple.

"The Anuk-ite's affecting her," Theo answered. "She's lashing out - getting impulsive."