seven

Chris Argent followed Scott, Malia, and Faye into the forest in hopes of finding out the slug of a bullet

Chris Argent followed Scott, Malia, and Faye into the forest in hopes of finding out the slug of a bullet. There was someone in Beacon Hills who was killing supernatural creatures, and they wanted to know who.

Chris raised his gun, a red laser at pointing at Malia and Scott. "Relax. It's just me," he said.

Malia and Scott exhaled visibly, as Faye hid behind Malia. She stared at Chris, looking at his aura. He was essentially fearless. He was strong. Faye wanted to be as strong as him. She was only good for protecting and healing people. Theo had gone missing, and no one could find him. One night, he left Faye in bed and drove to a secluded place. She didn't know why he was there, but he just needed to be alone.

He found a bug - a vessel of fear - in his body. Theo needed to clear his head and figure out what was wrong with him, but he chose a horrible night.

"Do you have to use that thing?" Malia asked, her tone dripping deadly with annoyance.

Chris shrugged and moved the laser away, pointing elsewhere. "To find the trajectory of the bullet, yes." He walked towards the trio. "Show me where you found the body," Chris demanded.

Chris ended up at a curve - a crevice - in the forest. There were trees everywhere, but there was one large tree in front of the crevice. He raised the rifle with the laser, making Malia and Scott tense.

Faye felt safe around Chris. Werewolves - werecoyotes included - could sense someone's chemosignals, while angels could sense someone's emotions and true intentions based on the color of their aura and how vibrant it was.

"Take it easy. Safety's on."

Malia nodded reluctantly, choosing to trust Scott's judgment. Chris looked away and pointed around the forest, the red laser changing courses rapidly.

"Got it," he whispered as he kept the laser pointed to the large tree. "Scott, do me a favor - glow your eyes and tell me if you can see it too."

Scott shut his eyes tight and opened them, red surrounding his eyes. He stared at the area the laser was pointing at. "I see it."

Chris walked to the tree and touched the hole, weaving his fingers through it to take the bullet out. "That's because it's made from an element with a higher heat signature than regular metal. It shines infrared, like your eyes, because it's silver," Chris said. He held it up between his fingers.

They walked through the forest together in silence. Faye looked at the three carefully. She wanted to say something, but she wasn't sure if she should have.

"Have you heard any news about Theo?" she softly asked.

It was more directed towards Chris. He was a hunter and was always traveling all over the place. Scott and Malia hardly cared much about Theo. Even Liam - who doubted Theo from the beginning - seemed to trust Theo more than Scott and Malia.

Chris looked at the angel and shook her head. "No, I'm sorry, Faye. If it makes you feel better, I don't think he left."

"But then that means something may have happened to him," she whispered.

Scott rubbed Faye's shoulder. "He's tough. He'll be fine, Faye. He literally got out of Hell and found his way back to you."

Faye smiled slightly, but it faltered before it completely fell. "I guess you're right," she whispered.

Malia sighed, annoyed with how tense and quiet everyone else was. "Okay, but there's one thing I don't understand. Silver, copper, lead - Who cares what a bullet's made out of? Don't they all do the same thing?"

Scott stared at the ground as they continued walking.

"Well, there's a myth that a silver bullet can kill a werewolf," Faye said. "A real hunter or even a creature part of the supernatural world would know that silver doesn't kill werewolves. It might hurt them, but it won't actually kill them."

Chris nodded in confirmation. "Silver's too soft for bullets. They don't fly straight."

"If you didn't fire it, then who did?" Malia asked.

Scott took a guess. "Someone who doesn't know what they're doing."

"Someone dangerous - a new hunter," Chris added.