eighteen

While Scott, Malia, Lydia, and Peter were with Deucalion training, Nolan was trying to help Liam, and Faye was with Theo, babying him because she had not seen him for so long

Liam called Mason who warned him not to pull out the wolfsbane IVs because they didn't know what could happen. Liam reminded Nolan that he was supposed to kick his ass to make it look like he put up a fight. Nolan pointed out that no one saw them come in together so that part of the plan wasn't be necessary. Liam was clearly disappointed, but he told the boy to go.

As Nolan passed through the waiting area, Gabe grabbed his arm and led him into the morgue, explaining that all it was a setup. Monroe knew Nolan would try to warn the werewolves and set it all up to trap some of them at the hospital. Gabe punched Nolan in the face repeatedly until he was unconscious. Corey and Mason arrived at the hospital and noticed everyone was looking at them. Mason sensed that it's a trap. They duck into one of the treatment rooms and Corey said they were bait.

Gabe was holding a shotgun-style assault rifle. Liam's eyes widened in shock as Gabe aimed at him. Liam quickly walked backwards into the elevator, not wanting to turn his back on Gabe and his rifle.

"Go ahead, Liam. Run. It'll be more fun that way," Gabe sneered.

Liam had his back pressed against the doors of the elevator. The hunters were about to shoot, just when the elevator doors opened. A small figure suddenly barreled towards Liam. He grunted as he grabbed onto the figure's shoulders.

Liam was swept into the elevator, recognizing the scent that flooded his nose. The metal doors slowly shut as the hunters began shooting at them. Liam looked up to find a frazzled-looking Theo and a grinning Faye. Liam was shocked to see Theo. He thought Theo would have ran away.

Scott calls Theo and asks him to rescue the pack members and his mother stuck in the hospital. Scott says it will buy them more time to both come up with a plan and to get help.

"What are you doing here?" Liam panted.

"I was just asking myself the same thing," Theo replied, "but then I realized Faye would kill me if I didn't help you."

Faye grinned at Theo. He returned a small smile at her, before turning stoic. She rolled her eyes. He always acted like a bad boy in front of Liam.

"Of course," Liam said, rolling his eyes. "She's got you wrapped around her finger.

Theo rolled his own eyes. "I regret saving you."

Liam didn't reply and instead looked at the elevator door, which was quickly being dented by all of the gunfire being shot at them.

"Technically, I'm the one who saved Liam. I shoved him into this elevator," Faye retorted.

"We're not having this discussion in the middle of gunfire," Theo replied.

Fate pouted and huffed, turning away from her boyfriend that she somehow loved. It had been a while since the hunters began shooting at the three. Liam, Faye, and Theo were still hiding in one of the hospital's elevators when the gunfire from outside suddenly stopped.

"They still out there?" Theo questioned.

Liam was trying to listen through the thick, metal doors. Liam nodded once he heard the sound of several heartbeats. Theo was overwhelmed. He didn't want to die again. Faye slipped her hand into his hand and stared up at him. He took a deep breathe, nodding before turning to Liam.

"Look, I'm not dying for you," Theo said.

Liam shared a look with him. "I'm not dying for you, either." Liam paused, choosing his words carefully. "But, I will...fight with you."

Theo seemed touched by Liam's allegiance and sighed before smiling wryly. "Okay. Let's fight."

The elevator doors opened to reveal a partially-transformed Liam and Theo. They growled aggressively before running to the hunters, Theo letting go of Faye's hand in the process.

Faye was still standing in the elevator when the two creatures attacked the hunters. "I - I'm not much of a fighter!" she exclaimed. "Guys? I hate you," she muttered.

There were times where she was bold and acted on impulse, but she needed to suppress that urge. She didn't want to drown in the darkness like Erica. Theo and Liam worked together in perfect harmony. Despite their sarcastic remarks and threats to each other, they made a good pair.

Each of them ran toward their respective walls, kicking off of them in order to gain momentum to slam the first two armed hunters they came across. Then, they knocked them out. Theo ran ahead of Liam, sliding on his knees and tossing the third hunter onto the floor, while Liam slammed the head of the second hunter against the wall for good measure.

Just as Theo shoved a fourth hunter backward, Liam took advantage of Theo being bent over and did a barrel roll off of his back to kick the same hunter in the face. One hunter was left, and Liam lunged toward him, knocking his gun out of his hand before ducking so that Theo could leap-frogged over him and punch him in the head before they both teamed up to shove him against the wall.

Both of them were panting from exhaustion before sharing a relieved look. They thought the battle was finally over and that they would be able to relax, but the sound of an injured hunter sitting up and cocking his firearm made them freeze.

Before they could even react, Melissa used her taser-wand to electrocute the hunter. The hunter easily passed out and fell back down. When another hunter began to get up, Nolan picked a nearby rifle and hit him in the back of the head with the butt of it. The hunter passed out.

"Guys?" Nolan whispered. He raised a shaky finger and pointed behind Liam and Theo.

Theo and Liam turned around to see Gabe with his arm around Faye's shoulders and a handgun pressed against her head.

"I'll kill her. I'll do it," Gabe threatened. "But, Gerard ordered me to bring her to him alive." Then, he quickly switched targets. Gabe aimed the handgun at Theo and Liam.

The two did their best to duck, but Gabe successfully hit both of them in the right shoulder and the back of the left calf. Theo and Liam ended up on the floor, clutching their bleeding wounds.

Another hunter tried to shoot at Liam and Theo, but Gabe was in their way. The hunter risked it and shot at Gabe. The bullets only grazed Liam and Theo, but the bullets penetrated Gabe.

Gabe collapsed onto the floor, letting go of Faye in the process. She tripped on her own two feet as she tried to regain her balance.

She rushed over to Liam and Theo, placing one hand on each of them to heal their wounds. Nolan knocked out the hunter that shot Gabe.

Melissa, Nolan, and Liam, all watched as Gabe crawled over to a glass cabinet, a blood trail following him. He leaned against it and breathed heavily. Theo closed his eyes, feeling sympathy for him.