chapter 25

Demi

I woke up with a groan.

I stretched and rolled over, facing Max.

Except the thing was, when I opened my eyes Max wasn't in front of me.

I sat straight up and looked around, looking for any sign of her. I was met with nothing.

I jumped up and out of bed, I threw on my slippers and ran into the bathroom. Nothing.

I ran down stairs and straight into the living room. I let out a sigh when I saw her curled up on the couch.

Now my only question is, why is she on the couch?

I walked over and crouched down, her face was dried tears on them.

That was worrying. What was more worrying is why she didnt wake me.

I rubbed her cheek and got no response, I sighed and sat back on my heels.

I wasn't about to wait another hour for her to wake up. If I had to wait an hour I would be paranoid.

Suddenly Max moved. She turned a little and soon realized that someone was touching her face.

She forced her eyes open and looked at me, she seemed confused for a second until I smiled.

She instantly held out her arms and her eyes started to close again. I stood up and picked her up, wrapping her legs around my waist and hooking my arms under her butt.

She started to get fussy which made me confused.

"Whats up baby? Why are you so upset?" Max whimpered and held onto me.

She placed her head on my shoulder and just started to cry.

I rubbed her back and sat down, Placing her on my lap.

I didn't understand the break down right after waking up but I wasn't gonna question it.

She cried for around ten minutes, almost passing out twice.

I got her to calm down but it was only after I laid down and held her head to my chest.

Now Max was laying on me, her mouth on my breast, her hand by mine.

Now I needed to ask why she was on the couch.

She seemed calm enough.

"baby?" she gently looked up. Her eyes were puffy and red.

"can you tell me why you slept on the couch?" she whined and hid her face.

She honestly looked like she could cry again at any moment. I didn't want her to cry but I just wanted to know why.

"Bad dream" She pouted at me and wiped the little amount of drool away from her face.

"what kind of bad dream?" her eyes seemed to dim and she seemed to be almost like shutting down.

"A scawy one" I nodded and scratched her head.

"can you just tell me what was scary about it?" Max barely nodded and then took a deep breath.

"In it I couldn't find you. I also couldn't keep my eyes open, I felt someone grab my arm and it was the kid who...raped me...his eyes turned black and he shifted into my parents" I held in my breath and nodded.

"I woke up and was crying but I didn't want to wake you. I tried not to cry loud so I came down here to let you sleep" I rubbed her back and pulled her face towards mine.

I kissed her and we just laid there for a minute.

"I love you baby."