Back to the Volterra

Start from the beginning

"He didn't ask for you."

"I don't care!" Natalia pulled the girl to stand in front of her staring into her eyes.

"Bella he's on his way to the Volturi. He wants to die too. We need to leave. Now." Natalia saw the panic flashing through Bella's eyes. The two turned around and left the house in a hurry. Outside Alice was already waiting in the car. Natalia sped into the passenger seat beside Alice while Jacob tried to make Bella stay.

"He left you, Bella. He didn't want you anymore, remember?" Alice drove off the sidewalk and onto the road waiting for Bella. What Jacob said wasn't true, it wasn't anywhere near the truth. Natalia herself wouldn't have done that to Bella if she was Edward but she knew her brother only wanted what was best for Bella. The only mistake he made was he never spoke with Bella about it to know what she exactly wanted.

"No, I'm not gonna let him kill himself out of guilt." Bella walked around the car and was about to get in but Jacob's question stopped her.

"Well, what about your dad?"

"I'm 18. I'm legally free to go and I left a note." Bella opened the door of the car and got in. This action didn't go as Jacob wanted it to go so he stuck his head through the open window keeping his eyes on Bella.

"Please, Bella. Just...stay here. For Charlie. For me." Jacob's whole face was pleading. Natalia saw in the boy's eyes just how much he loved the human girl and how much he wanted her to stay here with him.

"I have to go." The four words made the boy hurt and it was evident on his face.

"I'm begging you. Please."

"Goodbye, Jacob." It was like he just broke. Natalia saw just how much that hurt him that she even felt bad for the boy. She may not have liked him but she knew just how much a broken heart hurt. Jacob walked away from the car letting Bella put on her seat belt sighing.

"Okay." Said, Alice, as she looked at the road before the screeching of the car was the last thing Jacob heard before they were gone.

♡♡♡♡♡

The flight on the aeroplane was stressful. She normally enjoyed flying in planes but this time it was like her heart was in her stomach. If it wasn't for Alice who kept on updating them on Edward, Natalia and Bella would have died from the stress.

Edward was much more than an adopted brother to Natalia. He was just like a biological one. He was with her when she needed him the most and she felt bad that she wasn't with him now when he was breaking. She wished she would have been more persistent and stayed with him so she would have stopped him from going down this dark road. The few phone calls that the two shared weren't enough and she knew it when they spoke but she left it thinking it was for the best.

When the three girls got to Italy Alice and Natalia had to get scarves, gloves, and a pair of shades so no one would suspect anything. The two also went and 'borrowed' a car much to Natalia's dismay but she didn't argue and went with it knowing it had to be done.

Bella leaned forward between the two girls' seats as Alice took another sharp turn sighing. "I'm guessing you didn't rent this car?" Alice looked back at Bella quickly before looking back at the road.

"I figured you wouldn't be opposed to grand theft auto."

Shaking her head Bella replied "Not today." Alice's face froze meaning she got another vision.

"What do you see Alice?" Bella looked over at Alice when she heard Natalia speak up concerned.

"They refused him." Natalia leaned back in her seat knowing what this meant. She wasn't shocked Aro refused him. Edward's gift was very valuable meaning he wouldn't have just killed him without a reason.

"So?..." Bella asked looking between the two vampires not understanding what that meant.

"He's going to make a scene. Show himself to the humans." Natalia's answer made Bella look between the two scared.

"No! When?"

"He's gonna wait until noon when the sun's at its highest." This time Alice answered the worried girl making Bella close her eyes while grabbing her hair from the nerves.

"Alice, you gotta hurry up." Natalia's eyes went to the side when she noticed the familiar castle that she spent so many years in.

"There's Volterra." The blonde stared at it uneasily. She didn't think she would ever have to see that place again...not this fast at least.

Alice had to drive through the small streets, it was hard with the number of people that kept on popping up from everywhere making her go a bit slower than they would like.

As they got to the center of the city they were met with a big group of people dressed in red cloaks. Natalia realized what day it was. She's lived so many years in the Volterra that she experienced many San Marco's Day festivals in her life. She would normally be happy and enjoy the festival from the castle but this time she wasn't.

The number of people in red cloaks only made Bella nervous and more self-conscious. "Why are they all in red?"

"San Marco's Day Festival. They're commemorating the expulsion of vampires from the city. It's quite ironic actually taking in mind the Volturi pretty much rule over the city. But it is the perfect setting. The Volturi will never let him get far enough to reveal himself." Natalia answered as she looked between all the people dressed in red

"We have five minutes." Natalia turned around and faced the anxious girl when she heard the nerves behind her voice and saw that she was barely able to stay sitting.

"Just breathe Bella, everything will be alright. Edward will be fine." Natalia turned back around confused when she felt Alice stop. She noticed that the police had stopped the car from going any further. Bella didn't want to wait for a second longer before getting out of the car.

"Alice, Natalia....."

"Bella, you're the only one he can't see coming." Natalia nodded with what Alice said speaking up after her.

"If we go, he'll read our thoughts. He'll think we're lying. He'll rush into it."

"Where do I go?!" Bella asked as her eyes scanned through the sea of people

"He'll be under the clock tower. Go!" Bella didn't wait for any second longer before taking off running in the direction that Alice told her to go. Natalia watched Bella's running figure with an anxious expression.

"I hope she makes it..."