How?

Nico's POV:

Mrs. O' Leary had been missing for weeks now, leaving an empty pit in the bottom of my gut that I hadn't been able to fill. All of a sudden I heard a scratch at the hades cabins door. I cautiously sat up in bed, leaving Will asleep, and treaded lightly over to the door. I opened it slowly, afraid that the creaks and groan may wake Will. I peered around the door, finding a massive lump of scraggly black fur. It became hard to swallow.

"Mrs. O' Leary?" I questioned.

The lump of fur immediately grew, showing me that this was in fact her. There was something that wasn't quite right though, her eyes. They just didn't seem like they used to. Instead of throwing myself at her for a massive hug, I found myself with fear clenching my stomach, making me not want to be anywhere near her.

"Will?" I called out, looking behind me. "Mrs. O' Leary is back!"

Will stirred and sat up, swinging his legs over the side of the bed, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. His curls bounced, reflecting sunlight as he made his way over to me, but even looking at the gorgeous love of my life couldn't stop this feeling of pure fear.

"Whatcha doin then? Let em in."

Will spoke softly, his southern accent thick, as he had just woken up, the gruffness in it making me smile. I looked back over at Mrs. O' Leary and shrugged, opening the door wider and tapping my thigh lightly to call her in. The hellhound got up slowly, compared to the bouncing leaps that she used to take, and walked calmly inside the cabin, wasting now time jumping up on my bed and sitting on it, her brown eyes boring into mine. A person pressed into my back making me jump a little, before Wills calming hand pressed into my stomach, pulling my into him.

"What's wrong with her?" He asked, dipping his head to whisper in my ear.
"I don't know, something is definitely off." I responded coyly.

Will nodded solemnly before lifting his head back up and pressing into me a little bit more, letting me sink into his chest. Suddenly, Mrs. O' Leary, stood up and stared at me, before opening her mouth wide, letting out a shrill, chilling shriek, making all of the hairs stand up on the back of my neck. I pressed into Will harder, pushing him back up against the door, where he wrapped his hands around my shoulders, trying to push me behind him. I refused. Mrs. O' Leary leapt at us, and as soon as she touched us, she shadow travelled us to an unknown place. I didn't see it. I had already passed out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's a short one today, but y'all should be expecting a part two in due time.

xx