Chapter Twenty Two

Hey guys, 

So sorry for making you all wait for another chapter for a long time now. Life has been good but also busy as well. I work a full time job now and run my own business. As well as doing other things as well to be social and living life. I've promised myself I will be finishing this book and others in the future so I can focus on my own future writings I want published one day. I hope you all will forgive me and enjoy this chapter. Also, I realized this story is on the top of the chart for anything listed under "Kaiba" and I am honored! Thank you all so much for the votes and reading this story. I appreciate and love all of you! This chapter was inspired by a book series I've been reading off an app named Choices : Games You Play, called "The Freshman" and a song by Pink and Nate Ruess called "Give me a Reason". If you guys know or don't know what I'm speaking of please go check it out  the app or share what you liked about the series or this chapter! Enough of me rambling, enjoy! 

Chapter Twenty Two

Give Me a Reason

-Seto- 

After waiting for another week, Mya is now able to come from the hospital. Her wound is fully healed and she will have to just continue to speak to a therapist until she is comfortable to either stop or to just go on her free will if she chooses to. Her mental health is important as much as her physical health. All week I've gone up to see her in between school and work, seeing her slowly be herself all over again has been a bit of relief. 

I know she's still scared of what happened and what is going to happen once she enters back into the real world. The Press thankfully have not been as annoying as usual and are mostly respecting the space. 

Now I'm back here at the hospital with a bouquet of her favorite flowers and small box of white chocolate candy feeling nervous. Why? I don't know. But I hope she is okay to come back home. I miss her...

Dr. Grey when entered the elevator has noticed what I was carrying and smiled at me warmly. I kept a cool face on and she eyed me down. 

"For someone saying you guys are just friends. This seems a lot to give to a "friend", she giggled slightly. "It's extremely sweet though." 

I opened my mouth to say something but she spoke again. "It's okay I won't say a word to anyone else. I've kept a lot of peoples noses out of her hair and yours at this place. She's been a lot already." 

"Yes." I said quietly. "Yes she has." 

The soft ping of the elevator doors opened and I stepped onto the 8th floor of this building walking straight to Mya's room. There were very few patients out and walking around on this particular floor. Most of them are still healing and recovering from their injuries. One woman who was at the nursing station locked eyes with me, glanced at the items in my hands, and then gave a soft smile, not saying a word. 

Finally I made it to Mya's room, Dr. Grey somehow had beaten me there. She was helping Mya out of bed, with clothes I had Amberlynn pick out from her closet to send to the hospital for today bundled in her arms. Her seafoam eyes stared at me and a light smile came across her face before she gave a shy wave. 

"Hi." She said placing a lock of her brown hair around her ear. 

"Hello." I greeted and took a step back out of the room. "Uh, I'll be here. Outside. Give you a moment to change." 

Dr. Grey smirked but nodded at me. Mya also nodded and watched as I closed the door behind me. I sat in a seat a 2 feet away from the door with the flowers and candies placed next to me. For some reason, I started to grow nervous as I sat there rubbing my thumbs together as I waited. 'She's never going to be the same after this.' My mind pondered on the thoughts about what we were leaning towards before Takashi created this chaos.