Chapter Eighteen

PLEASE READ THIS NOTE BEFORE YOU START READING THE CHAPTER! :)

Author's Note : Hey everyone! It's me, Animegirly here. So you guys are probably wondering why I haven't updated in a very long time. Well... I was sick with an infection in my lower intestine and had to literally stop doing everything to get better. I had been throwing up from the medicine and stomach pains that were really bad. So bad that I couldn't even sit still for too long to write. So I'm sorry you guys for waiting so long. I am feeling much better now and finally have time to write in between work and other activities I do when I am not working. Enjoy the chapter guys! Vote and comment please!

Love you all!

- Animegirly134

Chapter Eighteen

The Only Exception

-------------------------------

- Mya -

The sound of my clock playing music from the nightstand woke me up as I slowly opened my eyes. Stretching my arms and legs before I took a step onto the carpet on the floor next to my bed, my mind drifted to last night.

Veronica dumped a martini on my head, ruined Diane's birthday, us girls all got into a fight with her, and then Seto came and took me straight home.

I gasped and then smiled to myself.

He asked me out on a date tonight.....

Glancing at my ring finger; the 14 karat diamond ring was there looking all shiny and beautiful as always. I bit my lip and gently pulled it off my finger and walked to my dresser, looking for a necklace chain to place it on to wear around my neck instead.

Thankfully I found one and fastened the ring onto it and around my neck. Suddenly there was a knock at the bedroom door, causing me to jump slightly.

"Miss Mya?" I heard Amberlynn, one of the maids, ask for me. "Would you like me to run you a bath and bring you breakfast?"

"Um. No! I'll get everything taken care of today. But thank you for offering!" I said to her. "Don't worry about me."

"Alright then Miss." Amberlynn said. Her footsteps slowly were fading away from my bedroom door.

I tucked the engagement ring into my pajama shirt, ran a hand through my hair, and began to look in my closet for something to wear just around the house today; I'll pick something to wear for the date later when the time is right.

After 30 minutes of picking out my clothes, taking a bath, putting on the lightest amount of make-up, and straightening my hair; I thought I looked pretty decent. I was wearing a pair of dark blue knit skinny jeans, a blue striped blazer with a white tank top underneath, and black combat boots that went to my ankles.

Finally I went downstairs and found Mokuba in the kitchen eating a bowl of cereal with a glass of orange juice. Seto was nowhere to be found.

"Morning Mya!" Mokuba greeted. "Did you have fun with Diane last night?"

"Yeah." I smiled. "She had a...interesting birthday. I'm pretty sure she enjoyed it."

"Good!" He smiled back at me and continued eating his cereal. "Seto should be down soon. He was really tired after yesterday."

I blinked at him in confusion. "Really? Do you know what he did that made him so tired?"

Mokuba shook his head no. "No. But I know he was happy after being up there for hours. He seemed to do something good."