Chapter Nine

Chapter 9

Doing the Un-Thinkable

(Note: I’m sick of writing Mya’s P.O.V. so for now on this story will be told from mostly her point of view. When I switch to another person I’ll just put their name on the top.)

2 hours we were into this party and a lot of the guests were very boring. There were teens and children around Mokuba’s age here, but they were just as boring as the adults. 

Now I see why Mokuba hating coming to these parties. 

Seto had slipped off to speak with other business owners in the next room after we all had dinner. Now I was left to stay with Mokuba and “enjoy” the party.

“I’m bored.” Mokuba said and started to play with his phone. “And so far only 3 people have gone up and sang. They were pretty horrible.” 

I giggled at Mokuba’s comment. “That’s rude Mokuba.” 

“I know. But it’s true. Why did that Takashi boy pick those people plus you to sing?” He questioned. “Sounds a bit fishy to me.” 

“Hmmm.” My thoughts started to process why he was doing this. “You’re right. I’m going to figure it out soon. This doesn’t seem right at –“ 

The sound of Takashi’s voice on the microphone cut off my thoughts and words completely, everyone in the room seemed to have their attention on the hotel heir. 

“Now it’s time for someone to take their turn and sing! In good fortune to the new year. Winner of this little singing contest will have $10000 donated to a charity of their choice and a $5000 shopping spree.” Takashi began to spin the wheel which had my name and 4 others on it. 

Everyone including me was watching the wheel. I was crossing my fingers, praying that I wouldn’t be picked. 

Don’t pick me! Please don’t pick me. I’m begging you God please don’t let it pick me!

The wheel began to slow down, and….

My name was picked. 

My mouth dropped open and mentally screamed on the inside, all I wanted to do was get up and run. 

But instead Mokuba got up from his chair, pulled on my hand to make me get up, and walked me to the stage where Takashi was standing with the microphone in his hand. Everyone in the room began to cheer and clap their hands a bit. A few wolf whistles and “Woo’s” were filled in the air. Mokuba let me go and went back off the stage and stood by a group of kids.

“Well, it looks like Ms. Mya Douglass is going to sing for us.” He smiled at me while I was still shy to look everyone in the eye. “What would you like to sing for us today, old friend?” 

“Um.” I began to shake a little, but I made myself stop. “Well I don’t know, what I should sing.” 

Takashi chuckled making everyone else in the room also chuckle. “Come now dear, I’m sure everyone hear won’t mind if you pick any song. Don’t you have one in mind? Anything in particular? He turned the microphone away from his mouth and whispered in my ear. “Let me hear that beautiful voice sing again sweetheart.” 

I glared at him but gave a fake smile to everyone to make it seem like he said something funny. He tilted the microphone towards my mouth.

“I want to sing Happy.” I said into the microphone. “By Leona Lewis.” 

Everyone began to clap and cheer, but quieted down as soon as Takashi got off the stage, stood next to his fiancée, and the lights in the room dimmed down a bit on me.