Chapter Eight

Chapter 8

New Year, New Drama?

(Note : I want to deditcate this chapter to the girl who made me an awesome book cover AwayWithTheWinds! She's brillant! ^^ Thanks so much and I hope you like this chapter!!)

~Mya’s P.O.V. ~

December 31st, 2012

Dear Diary, 

Ever since Christmas day and evening, I haven’t been able to stop thinking about Seto Kaiba. More and more he’s being a bit nicer and calmer around me, even if I hang out with Diane, Yugi, and the rest of the gang. By the looks he and Joey share, they don’t like each other that well. But he’s kept his mouth shut often and hasn’t insulted or taunted at Joey or the others. It’s like he’s trying to “behave.” Why? I don’t know. What I do know is that, maybe he’s trying to get along with me just for the sake of Mokuba. Or is he doing this on his own? Gah! I don’t know. 

Anyways tonight I’m supposed to go with him and Mokuba to an annual New Year’s Eve Party his company and others attend to every year for the holidays. My parents went every year, I went a few times, but most times I was with my other friends back in Tokyo or spent the night at home with them and invited Diane to stay for the Christmas break/ New Year’s break.  I’m nervous because most companies here know about my engagement to Seto. Oh boy….well it looks like I’m going to have to suck it up and be a woman. Well wish me luck...

My fingers stopped writing with the blue ink pen I had in my right hand placing my Diary away in a drawer next to the bed. After Christmas Seto went and got the last box from Diane’s house which held my Diary in it and few pictures, books, and school work things. 

I sat on my bed and flipped through some text messages I gotten from Tea, Diane, and Tristan. I get the feeling that Tristan has a crush on me. And it’s somewhat flattering but awkward for me because he knows about my engagement to Kaiba. 

Speaking of which, Seto told me to be “on my toes” for tonight’s New Year’s Eve party. My eyes glanced at the clock which had read 6:30 p.m. The party was going to start at 8:00 p.m. 

Here I was sitting down in my bedroom at the Kaiba Mansion, bored out of my mind till the party started. Mokuba in his room playing on his Xbox 360 playing Marvel VS Capcom 3 on Xbox Live, I would join him but I wasn’t into that kind of fighting game that much. Dead or Alive or Tekken is what I loved and was great at playing. I decided to wait till Seto got here so I can finally figure out what to wear to the party, since he didn’t tell me what the clothing wear was going to be like. 

I was dressed in a Blue polo shirt with white stripes, light blue jeans, and a pair of white flats. The weather is kind of chilly outside but in the mansion, it felt very tropical. 

I sighed and fell back onto my bed, and stared at the ceiling. Ever since I had that “dream” involving me and Seto being intimate….it is still clear as water in my mind. 

No matter how much I try to forget it, I catch a glimpse of it when I’m off guard. Sometimes my cheeks burn in embarrassment at my silly dream whenever I’m around Seto. He never noticed, at least I don’t think he has, but it’s hard to keep focus around him. 

His gorgeous blue eyes, deep voice, and strong physic are a bit of a…distraction. 

I told Diane about the dream when I saw her last week, a couple of days after Christmas; we went to the mall just to hang out. Her eyes went wide and she laughed at first, thinking I was joking. When she realized I was serious, she stopped laughing, and then continued to ask me about my “sex” life.