Ch. 23 ~Complicated~

Depuis le début

"What troubles you? If you don't mind me asking. "

Y/N shook his head as he turn towards the old man, "It's nothing I can't handle Sir. "

The old man nodded his head as if understanding some kind of ridiculous math equation. His eyes travel to the picture perfect scenery as his wrinkled fingers tap repeatedly against his pants.

"If I may guess, is your problem related to women? "

Seeing no reason to deny Y/N muttered a 'Yes'.

"I see. " The old man nodded like a calm teacher amongst a chaotic classroom. "I know I'm a stranger, with no connection to you whatsoever, and you may deny me, but I would gladly listen to your story and try to help you in any way. "

Most people would deny or stand up and ignore, but Y/N felt tired. Too many kept up feelings built up around his heart. His head ache with unanswered questions. His body surrounds itself with fatigue from his sleepless nights of thinking.

In total Y/N felt like giving up.

"I guess it all started when I wonder late at night at this park... "

***

"Stop being stubborn Lauser. "

"I am not Dinah. "

"Yes you are. "

"That is my choice. "

"A terrible one at that. "

Lauren glared at the younger woman who sipped her vanilla ice cream drink nonchalantly.

The two pop singers are at a secluded ice cream joint at Dinah's request. Lauren was suspicious since every time they have time off from work Dinah would mostly sleep or have some time with her family. Lauren could clearly remember Dinah's words "I don't hang with you girls at our time off — not because I hate you, quite the opposite really. " Lauren tried pursuing more questions from the Polynesian but all the latter did was grin and stayed silent.

Lauren should have listened to her gut instinct and locked herself in her room with music blaring.

"Leave it alone D. I'm not in the mood for one of your games. "

"And I'm not in the mood seeing my friends crash and burn. "

This time Dinah has place her drink at the table and sat straight with her eyes burning holes towards Lauren's.

"What do you want Dinah? "

"What I want isn't important. " Slowly Dinah leaned forward with eyes so serious Lauren could only recall once when she saw those eyes. "What you need to do is. "

Lauren's fingers clawed and scratch restlessly at her jeans like they always do when she feels uncomfortable. "Stop with your jokes. It's not funny anymore. "

Dinah stared at her for a second longer before smiling. "Haha your right. My jokes were running out, so I was just trying a new one. Sorry Ralph. "

Lauren sigh in relief, "No harm done, D. "

Slowly the tension from earlier disappeared and a calm and fun one that only two close friends can achieve fills the small table they sat.

Both of them chatted for a few more minutes before they got interrupted by Lauren's phone.

"I have to go D. " Lauren grabbed her bag and Jacket as she stood up.

"Already? I was just getting to the good part of the story where you almost peed—"

"Stop! " Lauren look around with a small blush on her face. "And his waiting for me. "

"Okay, okay, " Dinah raise her hands before all the teasing left her face.

"What's wrong? " Lauren ask as she finished gathering her things.
"Did you tell Y/N? "

Lauren pause and Dinah saw several emotions pass through her eyes. "No, I didn't want to distract him from his work. "

Dinah nodded before smiling widely, "Have fun! "

Lauren smiled back before waving bye.

Once the green eyed girl is gone Dinah's smile faded. Her fingers clench tightly at nothing as she released a breath to calm herself down.

"Your only making things more complicated, Lauren. "

Dinah watch several cars passing by through the glass window. Her mind strays to her friend and the young man and how they both are caught up in an unfortunate situation.

With a sigh, Dinah brought her lips to her cold drink.

"If only everything was as this sweet, " Dinah smiled and ordered for another.

***

"That sounds rough young man. "

"I know. If Taylor wanted—"

"Oh, I'm not talking about that. "

"Huh? "

The old man smile teasingly, "I'm talking about your relationship with this green eyed beauty. "

Y/N smiled a little as he thought of Lauren. "Yeah, I like her. "

The old man nodded as if it was a fact. "Then you should tell her. Feelings aren't suppose to be hidden. They're suppose to be act upon. "

"She has a boyfriend — a successful one at that. " Y/N did his research on Harry. And successful isn't enough to describe him.

"Success isn't measured by one's achievements alone. A man who only works and counts money isn't successful. But a man who works sweat and blood to keep everything he holds dear together is what I call success. "

Taking in the old man's words of wisdom Y/N ask, "What if I'm not enough for her? " This very thought haunted Y/N ever since coming in terms with his feelings.

"She'll be the judge for that. " The old man patted Y/N back. "You and I know it's time for you to say the things that needs to be said. "

A breeze of wind hits Y/N as he closes his eyes before opening them with a new feeling coursing through his body.

"Thank you! "

The old man sighs as he watch the young man run towards the exit with determination in his eyes.

Hearing the story of the lad the old man felt his desperation and hopelessness. In a way he was reminded of his youth and all his adversaries.

"If only things aren't that complicated, " The old man whispered wistfully.

Just as the old man stood up he notice the young man from earlier left his lunch.

The old man took it gently before grinning, "Then again life wouldn't be exciting, would it, "

•••

Y/N ran. Oh yes ran. How many times has he ran because of Lauren? Too many times to be remembered.

But this time it's because he needs — no, wants to.

So he ran and ran until he reach the apartment complex. He could see several people giving him strange looks but he ignore them and made a dash towards the stairs.

Thank God the cast is off, Y/N thought as he felt both his legs sync together as they climb up the stairs.

Finally arriving at the right floor he slowed to a walk as he tries to remember Ally's instructions. In any case he needed to reach any of them Ally gave their numbers and their addresses.

He never thought his first visit would be about this but he is thankful at Ally.

"Room 415, "

Taking a deep breath to catch his breath — mostly to calm his nerves.

He knock.