Seventy

"Dress pretty babe" Shawn kisses her bare shoulder stood behind her as she looked in her closet. "What should I wear? You won't tell me anything" she laughs leaning her head back on his chest.

"Watch out love" he moves her body looking through her closet. "I like this" he holds up a nude silk slip dress, looking her up and down imagining her body wrapped in the material.

"Are you sure? It's a bit showy" she laughs taking it from his hands. "Wear it for me" he kisses her cheek. Athena nods walking in to the bathroom to her hair and makeup.

After an hour she walks out the bathroom looking for Shawn tucking a piece of her straight hair behind her ear. "Shawn!" She calls sitting on the bed to put her pointed black heels on. "Oh gorgeous" he mumbles walking up to her. She stands up taking his hands in hers.

"You look beautiful" he kisses her temple. "And you look so handsome, I love this shirt" she runs her hands over the silk nude coloured dress shirt. "We're matching" he laughs taking her hand to spin her.

"Where are we going?" She asks leaning putting her arms around his neck looking up into his warm eyes.

"Not far" he kisses her lips gently. "Okay" she nods slipping her hand in to his. He leads her near the bedroom door stopping.

"Put this blind fold on" he says handing her a black blindfold making her eye go wide. "I knew it was a bad idea to watch fifty shades of grey" she mumbles under her breath making Shawn laugh.

"Maybe another day" he winks. "But for now, I need you to put it on so its a surprise". Athena rolls her eyes taking the blindfold covering her eyes. Shawn shakes his hand in front of her face and gets no reaction.

He takes her hand and puts a hand on her back leading her out the room. Shawn takes her to the middle of the living room and let's go.

"Shawn" she calls loosing their touch.

"Shawn please don't scare me" she laughs nervously, the she hears a female giggle. "What the fuck was that?" She laughs hearing another giggle.

"Take it off" Shawn says.

Athena takes of the blindfold slowly.

"Surprise!" All these familiar faces jump out making her laugh in happiness. She looks around for Shawn walking up to him wrapping her arms around his body. "What for?" She whispers in his ear.

"Ambassador of Empire Zane" he says back. She leans up kissing his lips. "Thank you" a smile falling on to both their faces.

Athena goes around meeting everyone, then feels someone hug her from behind completely throwing her off. "Cami?" Athena asks.

She turns around engulfing her in a hug. "How dare you not talk to me!" Athena tries her hardest not to cry as she quickly blinks.

"I'm so sorry Athena" Camille's voice cracks. Athena squeezes her then pulls back the two girls wiping their tears. "I missed you" Athena laughs pushing her shoulder lightly.

"Oh my god guys!" Athena cries seeing all her friends stood around her. "Come here" she hugs Liam earring a chuckle from him. Then Savannah, Hannah, Lilly, Ethan.

"You guys I missed you all so much" she cries leaning on to Hannah's shoulder.

"We missed you too" savannah laughs.

Athena looks around spotting Shawn talking to Myles, she quickly excuses herself walking over.

"Oh my god why are you crying?" Shawn asks worriedly. "Tears of happiness" she laughs. Athena looks over at Myles then Shawn, he sends her a warm smile as if to say everything is okay.

"Hi Myles" Athena hugs him for a second then looks to the girl next to him. "Hi I'm Veronica" she smiles and gives Athena a hug.

"The lucky girl huh" Athena says making the happy couple laugh. "Congrats on becoming an ambassador" Myles congratulates. "Thanks and congrats on the engagement" Athena smiles then looks over her shoulder seeing Shawn looking at her with flirty eyes. Athena excuses herself walking up to Shawn placing a hand on the silk fabric.

"You're amazing and thank you for this" Athena pecks his lips. "No problem baby girl" he winks running a hand down her back.

"Would you like another drink?" He asks her. She nods sheepishly. "If only a cute guy serves it to me" she giggles walking away back to Camille looking over her shoulder to see Shawn chuckling.

"So Athena, how did your parents react? This is a pretty big deal" savannah claps her hands. Athena's smile falls but she quickly replaces it with a fake one. "Good"

"Is that all good? Come on what did they say? What did they get you a new car? Handbag? We all know how spoilt you are" Camille laughs, completely and utterly drunk.

"Or are they sending you more money now?" Camille shoves Athena's shoulder. "Camille stop" Liam says pulling her away.

Athena stares blankly at absolutely nothing, her eyes brimming with tears when the realisation hit her that her family wasn't here to share the joy with.

"Here's a martini, for the pretty lady of course" Shawn walks in front of her a cheesy smile clear. She blinks rapidly letting a few tears escape her eyes. "I don't want it" she mumbles walking away.

Shawn hands the glasses to the nearest person grabbing Athena's wrist to turn her around. "What happened?" He asks, his own smile falling as he sees his love crying.

"I'm going to bed, thanks for the party" she leans up kissing his cheek then walks away quickly.

Shawn sighs running a hand through his hair, he looks around finally spotting all her friends looking like they we're lecturing Camille. Full of rage he walks over grabbing Liam by his collars pinning him up to the wall.

"Why the fuck is Athena crying?" He grits his teeth. "Shawn put me down and talk to me like a person" Liam says calmly.

"Tell me!" He clenches his jaw pushing Liam again. Myles runs over pulling Shawn away from Liam. "Myles I don't want to hurt you now let go" Shawn tries to escape Myles' arms.

"Shawn listen dammit!" Myles shouts. "Get it together and go to Athena, she doesn't need this right now" Myles shoves Shawn to the side. Shawn stumbles making his way to their room whilst Myles gets rid of everyone.

Shawn's eyes meet her petite frame, lying in bed on her side as she cries softly. "Athena" Shawn calls calmly making her quickly wipe her eyes and regain a steady breathing pattern.

"Tell me" his voice ever so gentle, he crouched beside the bed looking up at her as she sits up.

"Shawn am I spoilt? Do I depend on my parents too much?" She asks trying not to sob. Shawn furrows his eyebrows confused to where this is coming from. "No love, you live here with me, have an incredible job, pay half the rent and bills, incredibly successful, who put this thought in your mind?" He asks putting a hand on her damp cheek.

"It doesn't even matter" she sniffles. "My parents haven't called me in months Shawn, they have officially disowned me" her voice cracks, Athena looks down at her hands.

"No no don't cry, I'm here for you I'm your family forever" Athena looks up at him her hear racing 'forever' the word repeated in her mind a thousand times.

"Hold me" she whispers. Shawn nods getting in bed beside her after getting changed. "I'm here for you. I love you Athena Elle Carter" he kisses the top of her head.

"I love you too Shawn" she kisses his hand that was closest.