Thirty-Six

Friday
Last night Athena had slept at Shawn's so they could get their flight together in the morning. Shawn knew she said she didn't want anything for her birthday but how could he just sit back and not do anything, he spent the week planning for the day.

Shawn let out a big yawn and nuzzled himself closer to a sleeping Athena. He opened his eyes smiling at Athena as she slept peacefully beside Shawn. The autumn sun peaked through the blinds on to her skin making her glow, Shawn ran a finger down her jaw, down the bridge of her nose, then his favourite her lips.

She shuffled closer to Shawn letting out a groan as she rested her head on his chest. "What time is it?" She asks. "Half five, we need to get up our flight is at half seven" Shawn tells her playing with her brown locks.

Athena looks up leaning on her elbow, "why are you so handsome?" She places a kiss on his bare shoulder. "Why are you so gorgeous?" He smirks running a hand down her bare body to her hip.

She rolls over to get on top of him placing her hands flat on his chest. "How long do we have?" She asks leaning down tracing his jaw. "However long you want" he mumbles pushing her down so he's on top.

"Have you got everything?" Shawn asks putting her bag in the boot closing it. "Yep"she nods getting in the taxi beside Andrew who's in the middle and Shawn gets in the other side.

"What took so long?" Andrew asks making Athena giggle as she looks at Shawn "hold on I don't want to know" Andrew says pulling out his phone. Through out the whole drive Athena couldn't stop looking at Shawn and he couldn't stop looking at her.

The three get out of the car and Shawn grabs his and Athena's bags . "Okay I still can't believe we are getting in a private plane!" She exclaims walking beside Shawn. "You're so adorable" he chuckles then steps aside letting her go up the stairs first.

"Holy shit this is so cool" Athena sits down on the window seat looking around. Shawn puts the luggage in the cabinet then sits next to her. "So I was thinking" Shawn begins grabbing her attention.

"We should use his plane ride to get to know each other even more, as cheesy as that sounds" he chuckles nervously. "I felt so dumb not knowing when your birthday was and I couldn't help but think about your dad" He says scratching the back of his head.

"No no, I agree. I'll tell you whatever you want to know and you tell me" she bops his nose making him smile. "And don't think about my dad, he's just protective" she shrugs and Shawn nods.

Shawn was about to say something but then all his friends walked in. "Hey guys" Zubin exclaims happily walking up to Shawn and Athena who stood up to hug Zubin a long with everyone else.

Soon they all get seated and the plane takes off. Shawn starts the conversation up learning all her favourite things. Like how she loves winter because she loves getting cozy. Her favourite colour is burgundy and how she wish she had a kitten. He also learnt how caring she is and how just with her words she made Shawn head of heels for her.

"What's your favourite movie?" He asks. "Easy Wolf Of Wall Street, whats yours?"

"All the Harry Potters" Shawn says making her giggle. "Such a dork"

"Listen missy, nothing can beat the wizarding world of Harry Potter" he says trying to be serious making her laugh.

"Okay ask me something now" Shawn says making her think.

"One place you really want to go?" She asks him. "I want to go everywhere, please don't make me choose"

She laughs at him shaking her head "me too" she agrees.

"I'll take you everywhere then" he winks at her making her blush.

"Hey can you guys stop, I'm going to throw up" Mike shouts from behind them making Athena nuzzles her head in to Shawn's neck. "Shut up Mike, you're just jealous" Shawn shouts back.

They all start laughing and they bicker more making Athena laugh, the most she's ever laughed.

"Hey Athena, you know you turned our boy soft" Geoff says walking up to her seat leaning against it looking down at them, Shawn resting his head on Athena's shoulder.

Athena laughs looking down at Shawn. "And I hope your happy because we've never seen him smile this much before" Brian says standing beside Geoff.

Shawn turns red looking up at her. She looks down at him grinning.  "He makes me smile too" She says making everyone awe together.

Athena felt beyond happy knowing she makes someone else smile, especially that person being Shawn. They connected perfectly but this is only the beginning.