Forty-One

Christmas
"Mum, can I talk to you for a second?" Shawn asks pulling his mum to the side from his family.

"What is it honey?" Karen asks.

"Erm I won't go if you don't want me to but can I go see Athena?" He asks, his eyes glimmering and his features soft.

"Yeah of course, here take some dinner with you" she rushes in to the kitchen packing a small bag for him to take.

He gets in his car then rubs his hands together before driving to Athena. Shawn called Camille last night and she told him how Athena would alone and it broke his heart knowing she would be alone. A feeling consumed him and all he wanted to do was hold her and spend Christmas with her.

Shawn got out his car walking up the steps to her house seeing it dull made his heart sink. He knocks firmly then steps back waiting.

"Finally food" she exclaims opening the door then she freezes seeing Shawn stood there.

"Was you expecting someone else?" He asks seeing her confused expression. "Only the pizza man, the only place open on Christmas" she shrugs folding her arms over her chest. Athena didn't know what to say or what to do.

Shawn steps then closes the door behind him, he wraps his arms around her resting his chin on her head. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Tell you what?" She gulps nuzzling in to his winter scarf. "That you're spending Christmas alone" he says sadly then pulls back looking down at her.

"Erm because, well it's sad really and I didn't want you giving up family time and I didn't want to go with Camille and my family, well I guess their just busy" she shrugs looking down at her hands.

"You could've spent it with me" Shawn slowly intertwines one of their hands together bringing it up kissing her knuckles.

"I- i erm, I didn't want to take family time away from you I know how much you're away and that would be selfish of me" she tells him looking meeting his hazel eyes.

"It's not selfish, come on my mum made food" he says leading her to her own living room.

Shawn let's go of her and she sits on the sofa as he takes his shoes, jacket and scarf off leaving him in a grey knitted jumper and black jeans. He sits down beside her then wraps an arm around her pulling her in.

"Thank you Shawn" Athena leans up kissing his cheek then puts her head on his shoulder. "It's okay, you're not alone okay you have me. Whenever you need me" he winks then kisses the top of her head.

They stay sat there snuggled up to each other watching Polar express in complete silence just enjoying this time with each other.

"What was the noise?" Shawn asks looking around. "What noise?" She asks pausing the movie.

"Is that a kitten?" Shawn asks as Oliver strolls in then jumps on to his lap.

"Oh my god yeah, It's Oliver my cat. My neighbour gave him to me as a Christmas gift" she smiles stroking the kitten.

"You have a kitten, woah I thought my present was good" he says stroking the kitten. Oliver looks up at Shawn's hand then sniffs it moving closer to his body then lying down. "This is adorable" she squeals grabbing her phone taking a picture.

"And erm Shawn I have a gift for you." She smiles. "You didn't have to and I have one for you" He bops her nose.

Athena gets up leaving the room then she walks back in with a neatly wrapped box. She sets it down seeing Shawn also holding a box and Oliver lying over it.

"I quickly went to my car" he explains as she sits down.

"Okay you open yours first" she tells Shawn taking Oliver pulling him on her lap.

"Okay first thank you so much" he pecks her lips. He carefully takes of the wrapping opening the box seeing a variety of things.
A pair of ray bans, ysl boots and a photo frame.

"Ugh you're amazing" he says. "Do you like them?"

"I love it all babe" he smirks then picks up the photo frame seeing a picture of them both looking in to each other's eyes from after the Armani event. He smiles looking down at the picture then up at Athena. "Thank you gorgeous" he presses his lips to hers for a while then she pulls back. "I'm glad you like it" She bites her bottom lip.

"Okay your turn" he sings placing the box on her lap. She leans up pecking his lips then smirks "I already know I'm going to love it" she says making Shawn chuckle.

She undoes the ribbon then lifts the lid up. "Oooh Shawn" she giggles lifting up the Victoria's Secret bag peeking inside seeing a red set. "Mainly for me" he winks making her laugh. "Theres more" he says nudging her elbow.

Athena moves the wrapping paper around then spots a red box. 'Cartier' written in gold.

"Holy crap Shawn" she gasps.

"Babe you got me ray bans and ysl boots, I think this is okay" he says then grabs the red box opening it in front of her revealing a gold necklace with a small heart charm. "It's so pretty" she says as Shawn takes it out. Athena turns around pushing her hair out the way and his fingers make contact with her skin.

"Gorgeous" he mumbles then pushes down her jumper kissing her neck from behind. "Merry Christmas Athena Elle" he mumbles against her skin.

"Merry Christmas Shawn" she tilts her head back on his shoulder letting him kiss her skin.