Forty-Three

"Here's your coffee" Athena passes him a mug as he sits down opposite her. Shawn mumbles a thank you then takes a sip of the coffee as does she.

He contemplates asking her about last night, why wouldn't she let him admit his true feelings. It was hurting him inside not saying those words out loud.

"Shawn" she snaps him out of his daze. "You were staring in to your mug, is there something in there" she giggles as Shawn shakes his head no.

"Last night" he begins making Athena tense. "Why didn't you let me say it?" He asks her.

"Say What?" She shrugs suddenly finding her nails more interesting.

"You know what I mean Athena, I want to tell you but you stopped me. If your not ready that's okay and I don't expect you to say it back but please let me tell you" Shawn places his large hand over hers making her look up.

She blinks a few times then gulps. "I took a taxi here so we need to take you car"

"Athena, listen to what I'm saying"

She sighs then looks in to his hazel eyes. "Just don't please, not yet" she mumbles, Shawn brings her hand up to his lips then kisses her knuckles. "Let's go" he sighs.
-
They get to Athena's house walking in and no one was there, lucky for Athena she didn't feel like facing everyone.

She quickly fed Oliver then got dressed wearing a white off the shoulder top revealing the straps of her lace bralette and blue jeans along with her boots and a denim jacket.

Athena rushes down stairs seeing Shawn feeding Oliver and petting the grey kitten. "I'm ready" she says hugging him from behind.

"Okay then I'm just going to use the bathroom" he says kissing her hand then going upstairs. Athena occupies herself on her phone but gets disrupted by loud voices entering the house.

She walks out the kitchen being greeted by Camille, Liam, Myles and Ethan, all who stop their conversation as looking at Athena

"Hi Athena" Ethan smiles then gives her a hug. "Hi E" she mumbles then steps out the hug. "Hi guys" Athena smiles at them.

"Do you need me now that Shawn isn't here?" Camille asks harshly. "Cami, let's talk later"

"No I don't want to talk to someone who would leave me for their boyfriend!" Camille shouts.

"You've left me so many times for Liam and I've never complained. I stood you up like twice" Athena shoots back.

"Well at least I love the person I'm with" Camille says just as Shawn walks in hearing everything. "Camille stop" Liam warns her.

"No, Myles tell her!" Camille looks at Myles who stands there staring at Athena. Shawn stays stood behind Athena and he places a hand on her back to let her know he's back.

Athena's heart races and her eyes fill with tears, there's no way Myles would say anything.

"Myles just say it!" Camille yells frustrated

Myles looks at Shawn then back at Athena and his blood boils seeing how close they are. "I, erm. Athena I still lo-"

"Stop it!" Athena yells running upstairs. Shawn follows, he knows what Myles was about to say but it was to late to even process it.

Athena grabs a bunch of clothes and essentials stuffing them in a bag as she cries. She didn't want to think about about anything right now.

Shawn walks up to her, his heart breaking as he grabs her by the waist pulling her in for a hug. She cries in to his chest holding on to his jacket tightly. "You can stay with me"

Athena looks up at him sniffing "Okay" she whispers then turns to zip her bag. Shawn grabs her bag then her hand leading her downstairs. Athena tugs at his hand then he nods at her letting her go.

"Erm Ethan, can you please look after Oliver for me" Athena asks him. "Yeah sure, I'll take him with me I'm sure Ginger will love a new playmate" Ethan says referring to his own cat.

Myles gets up walking towards her and she freezes on the spot. "Athena, you know what I was about to say. It's true okay, I need you to know" Myles says.

Shawn quickly comes behind her then links their hands. "Let's go" Shawn says and Athena nods leading the way out.

The ride back to Shawn's was mainly silent, both of them thinking about each other. Athena thinking about love, how can you tell you're in love. She also thought about her best friend, Camille hates her and it's breaking Athena silently.

Shawn glanced at Athena for a second and thought how when he saw her crying his heart broke and all he wanted to do was comfort her and that's all.

It would be so much easier if they would just admit their feelings.