Twenty-Eight

Kayla

It's four in the morning, and I heard a knock on my door. "Baaabe, go see who it is." I nudged Melo. He groaned and got up. He left out my room and went to the front. I heard it open and close. I waited to hear any noise, but I didn't.

What the hell? I got up and went into the front. Melo was hugging some girl, and I couldn't see her face. I could hear her crying. "Melo who the hell is this?" I asked.

He pulled away from the hug and turned to me. "It's Jaylee baby, she's home." He said.

"Kayla." She said in a weak voice. I put my hands over my face and started crying. My sister is back. I walked over to her and hugged her tight, crying into her shoulder.

"It's good to have you home. I love you." I said into her shoulder. "It's good to be back, I love you too."

I pulled back from the hug and looked at her face. She had two ugly wounds on her face. It looked pretty bad. What the hell happened?

"I know what y'all thinking. Sit down so I can explain." She said.

Jaylen

"Get yo self together bruh, we gone find her." I told Jay. Not only is he depressed over Jaylee, but he's also been crying over Kayla. Even though it's all his fault he lost her. He got it bad. I'm not saying I'm all good, cause I'm not. I really miss my little sister.

"Bruh, I miss her man." He said. He had slept at my crib last night. We been spending more time with each other ever since Jaylee disappeared.

"I know man. Me too, we gone find her one day." I said. I looked down at my watch and saw that it was four in the afternoon. We should be at our trap, but we don't be having the energy anymore. All I can think about is my baby sister.

Just then my phone rang and a picture of me and Kayla popped up. I answered,"Hello?"

"Can you come to my house? Someone has dropped something off for you." Kayla said. "Something like what?" I asked.

"I don't know what it is, but it's taking up space. I know why they dropped it off over her. Please, just come get it." She said.

I sighed and said,"Okay." She then hung up. I rubbed my eyes and started to walk out the door. Jay's voice stopped me. "Who was that?" He asked.

"Kayla. She say somebody dropped something off for me at her crib." I say.

"Shit sound-" He started to say. I cut him off,"You coming or not bruh?" I asked. He nod and get up and walk out the door with me and we head over that way.

*

When we got over there, I noticed Jay was getting excited. I chuckled. He must want to see Kayla.

We got out and went up to her door. Melo answered the door, smirking at me. But then he saw Jay behind me and clenched his jaw.

"Come in. Kayla want y'all to see something." He said. I nodded and in we went.

"What is it, Kayla?" I asked, growing impatient.

"Did you miss me?" A voice said. I looked over to the kitchen and there was my baby sister. I ran over to her and hugged her so tight. I even let a few tears slip.

She started to cry into my shoulder. "I missed you so much." I said and it felt like a weight was lifted off of me.

A couple of seconds went by and I was pulled back by Jay. He hugged Jaylee and she cried harder. "I missed you." He said. They pulled away and she looked at us both and said,"I missed y'all too."

I thought of my dad. "Yo we gotta take you to pops. He been depressed."I said out loud.

"Him?! Nigga us! Hell, I thought I wasn't gone make it without you sis." He said and we all chuckled.

She wiped her tears and said,"Kayla, Melo, I'm going home. I'll be back later."

"That's okay with us." She said. Jay turned and stared at her. Melo caught on and grabbed her waist, pulling her to him.

"Let's go bruh." I said before anything could get out of control. And just like that, we left and went to my dad's house.