Twenty-One

Melo

"You're so sweet." Kayla said to me. I shrugged and said,"I try." She giggled. I looked over at her, looking at what she had on.

She had on a peach knee-length dress with the back out in the shape of a heart. She had on some white wedges, and jewelry to match. She is beautiful.

"Talk about fancy." She said as I pulled up to a french restaurant. "I want to impress you Kayla." I said as I got out. I closed my door and went over to her side and opened her door. She got out and thanked me.

I couldn't help but to look at her ass. It was looking right in that dress. "Damn." I mumbled.

She looked back at me and said,"You like what you see?"

I licked my lips and said,"Hell yea."

She giggled and turned around and walked towards the entrance. I smiled and closed the door. I would love to put it in her life tonight, but I don't want her to think that I think she's easy or anything.

I walked towards the entrance and opened the door for her and she went in. We walked up to the register lady and she put on a genuine smile.

"Welcome to Itròis, I will be your server tonight. My name is Layla. Table for two right?"

"Yes, please." I said with a small smile.

She nodded and led us to a booth next to a window. The restaurant was set up really nice. I grabbed Kayla's hand from over the table.

She looked at me and smiled. Damn, she's the prettiest girl in the world, in my eyes.

"What you thinking about?" She asked me.

"How did I get so lucky?" I asked her, ignoring her question.

"What?" She asked, confused. Confusion looks cute on her.

"Kayla, it's an honor to have you on a date with me. A girl like you? I didn't think you even existed. You're the kind of girl niggas dream of. Loyal, beautiful, smart, paid, big, juicy lips, and so much more. I just wanna know how the hell I got so lucky." I said, admiring her.

She pulled her hand away and looked down. She looked sad. I was confused.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"If all that's so true, why did he treat me like that?" She asked with her head down.

She told me about what Jay did. In my opinion, he's a dumb nigga. How could you let someone like Kayla out of your life?

"He treated you that way because he's a fool. You should be glad he did tho."

Her head shot up. "Why the hell would I-"

"Because he fucked up and treated you that way, you had no choice but to come get with a real nigga. Somebody that will treat you the way he never did. I got you now ma, don't trip over that dumb ass nigga." I said.

She looked at me for a minute. She got up and came over and sat in the booth with me. She put her hand on my face and turned it so my lips could meet hers.

We kissed until we heard someone clearing their throat. I looked up to see Laila, the waitress.

"Sorry." Kayla said and giggled. She got up and went back to the other side of the booth.

"It's fine." Laila said. "May I take your order?" She asked with a notepad and a pen in her hands.

"Yes, I'll have the steak au poivre with a sweet tea please?" Kayla said. Damn, she sounded sexy as fuck speaking french.

"Okay." Laila said, writing it down.

"And I'll have the uhh...the uhh...same thing she's having with a coke." I said giving up. I can't pronounce shit on here. Damn, I think i'm embarrassing myself.

The waitress wrote that down and said,"I'll be back shortly."

She left and I felt so embarrassed. Kayla grabbed my hands and said," It's okay Melo."

I smirked. "It better be, cause I'm paying for this shit." I said.

She laughed and playfully hit my hand. "Shutup, you are so mean." She said.

I put my hand over my heart and said,"Me? Mean? Well I never." I said in a fake, hurt voice.

She grabbed my hands again and said,"I'm sorry." She smiled.

I smirked."You don't look sorry." I said. She raised her eyebrow and came to my side of the booth again.

She turned my head and sucked on my earlobe and then behind it. My spot. I grunted. "Damn Kayla."

She stopped and smiled, then returned back to her seat once again.

"You still don't believe me?" She asked.

I got nervous for some odd reason. What is this girl doing to me?

Jay

I was walking out of my house for the first time in weeks. I lost the best thing I could ever have. My girl and seed.

Mike had called me and said that him and some other niggas were at the court downtown. I got in my car and started to drive downtown. I was stopped at a red light.

There was a french restaurant on my left. The place seemed to be busy. I looked in and what I saw pained me.

In one window, there she was. Her and that nigga Melo. I never liked that nigga anyway. She was laughing and holding his hands. I saw the light turn green, but I didn't go. It's like everything in me had frozen.

I heard car horns behind me, and seconds later, car were going around me, yelling indistinctly.

I kept my eyes on her. She looked happy. I couldn't read her eyes, because of the distance between us.

I still feel for Kayla, and she knows it. The thing is, I doubt if she'll ever come back to me.