Three

Kayla

"Baby wake up." Jay said to me. Oh shit! I got school today! I climbed out of Jay's bed and tried to walk. My legs started shaking and I fell on my ass.

"Dammit Jay!" I screamed in pain. He laughed, hard. "I'm sorry baby." He said and came over to help me up.

"Whatever, how am I going to go to school?"

He smacked his lips. "You ain't goin."

"But bab-" I started to say. "No Kayla, you ain't goin! Period!" I shut up and nodded my head.

My phone started ringing. Jay handed me my phone and walked out.

"Hello?"

"Wassup Kayla? You seen or heard from Babygirl?"

"Nah, why?"

"I been callin her phone and she ain't answering."

"Damn uhh, lemme call her real quick!"

"Aight, bye." He said and hung up.

I dialed Jaylee's number. She answered on the third ring.

"Hello?"

"Yea?"

"Marcus lookin for you g, where you at?"

"Oh, I'm at home. I was just getting out the shower." I sighed in relief.

"Okay imma call you ba-" I was interrupted by a male voice. By now Jay had walked back in and sat on the bed.

"Aye ma, come look at this for a minute."

"Alright hold on, Imma call you back Kayla."

"No wait Jaylee! Who is that?"

"My friend, Trey."

"Who the fuck is Trey?"

When I said the name Trey, Jay grabbed the phone and said, "Jaylee get the fuck away from that nigga! Now!"

"..........."

"I don't give a fuck! You know what ? He better be gone when I come over there!" He said and hung up.

"Baby what was that all about?" I asked, getting scared.

"Shut up and c'mon." He came over and picked me up, took me outside to his car, and put me in.

He got in on his side and started the car up. He back out of his garage and pulled off.

Soon, we were at Jaylee's house. Jay kicked the door open and started yellin.

"JAYLEE!"

Jaylee came down the stairs.

"What nigga damn?!"

"Is that nigga still here?"

"Yes, why? What the fuck is going on?"

Jay pulled a gun out his waistband. Just as he did that, that 'Trey' guy came from around the kitchen corner, laughing.

"What you want from me man?" He asked.

"Nigga I want you to get the fuck from Jaylee!" Jay screamed.

Trey chuckled. "Why would I do that? She's so pretty." He said touching her face.

Jay shot at him, but the bullet hit Jaylee. Oh shit.

Jay dropped the gun and ran over to her. "What the fuck have I done?" He asked, yelling.

I went outside and started the car up. I opened the back door, and Jay put her in the back.

"Ouchhhhh." She kept saying. It looks like it hit her upper thigh. I really hope she's gonna make it. I got in the back with her. We were on our way to Loviette Hospital.

We got there in less than ten minutes, I think. By now Jaylee was quiet. I moved her face. "Jaylee! Jaylee!Baby wake up!" Her eyes were closed, but she was still breathing.

When we pulled up to the emergency lot, a bunch of paramedics opened our doors and took Jaylee. They put her on a stretcher and rolled her in.

Jay pulled out of the lot, and parked in the regular parking lot. He turned the car off and put his head on the steering wheel. He feels bad.

I climbed up there, lifted his head up, and kissed him. "It's okay baby. She knows you didn't mean for it to happen."

He was crying. I hate to see him like this. "No, it's all my fault. She's gonna hate me forever Kayla."

I shook my head."Nonsense. She could never hate you forever. That's your sister Jay. She loves you just as much as you love her. Y'all family. Everything's going to be okay baby." I said and kissed him.

He stopped crying, and looked up at me. "I love you so much Kayla. Thank you for being here for me, all the time."

"I love you too baby. Now let's go in so we can know what's going on." I said.

We both got out the car, and went inside. We sat in the waiting room, for what seemed like hours.

A tall, dark doctor came in and said, "Jaylee Robins." We stood up and walked over to him.

"Jaylee is doing absolutely fine. She will have to wear a brace on her leg for two months, and take medicine for it, but other than that, she's fine." I sighed in relief.

"Thank you doctor. Can we go see her?"

"Yes you may. She is in room 346."

"Thank you." I said.

I started walking, but didn't feel Jay's presence behind me. I turned around and seen him walking towards the exit.

I went over and got in from of him, facing him.

"Don't you want to see your sister?"

"I'm the reason she's I'm here, so no. And even if I did, she prolly don't wanna see me." He said. He looked torn up. I grabbed his hand and led him to her room.

On the way there he was saying, "She don't wanna see me Kayla." I rolled my eyes. When we reached her room, I knocked.

I heard her voice say, "Come in." I went in and looked at her. She looked tired. Jay was behind me.

He closed the door and went to sit in one of the chairs. There was an awkward silence.

Oh gosh...