"That's sounds like he just loves himself." I mumbled, the keys dangling from my hand as I pushed my hyung into the lobby and further out the front doors. "Now hold this for a second." I handed him a plastic bag while I pulled on the other backpack strap and turned to lock up the studio.

There was a rustling as he started to snoop in my things, "What's this?" he asked.

I peeked over my shoulder despite already knowing what he was referring to, "A frame."

"For..."

"A picture you dumbass." I shoved the keys back into my pocket and took my things from the oddly curious boy.

His curiousness soon turned to annoyance and I felt a smack on the back of my neck, "Be nice you little shit." Yoongi snapped. "I was just wondering because you have no pictures in your apartment."

I just shrugged and kept walking back in the direction of my home, "Maybe I want one now." it came out more like a mumble, but Yoongi and his stupid good hearing heard clearly enough.

"Anyways," he changed the topic, "I was thinking you could help me out with finishing one of my songs." he said.

It came out too quick, the obnoxious laugh as his ridiculous offer registered in my mind.
"Um are you crazy?"

Yoongi didn't look amused. "I'm serious."

"Yeah, okay." I rolled my eyes and continued walking, crossing the street with him still by my side and still persistent about this wild idea he came up with.

There was a sigh and then his voice followed again, "Listen, if you have these idea about stories and what you want to say but there isn't enough to fill a book, then change them to fit a music sheet."

It was my turn to sign, "I don't have that talent Yoongi."

"I'll help you." he smiled. "Just write down idea like you usually do, small fragments that have potential and I can look them over."

There was some silence and only the sound of our heels against the sidewalk was heard. Yoongi stopped suddenly which pulled me to my own stop. "I just need fresh ideas." he said. "And I'm leaving tomorrow to visit my parents so I won't have the time."

I nodded and chewed on my bottom lip a bit, "I'll think about it."

The smile on his widened and became contagious, my own showing a bit. "Cool, I'll talk to you later then." Yoongi said before walking down the opposite sidewalk towards his own shared apartment, leaving me alone to go to mine.

It wasn't until a few more hours later after I got home that I had finally taken a shower and gotten a text from a certain boy.

He said he would show up afterwards and I stayed up to wait, a little too eager to see him and a lot less eager to go to sleep.

I had been sitting on my couch with a notepad and pen, scribbling whatever words came to mind when Taehyung texted me that he was outside. There was also no knock when he pushed the door open and waltzed in grinning.

"Look at you still wide away." he smiled, walking over after pushing the door shut and setting down his coat on the counter. "Tired?"

I shook my head and leaned over to set the notepad facedown. "Nope, just waiting."

Taehyung hummed softly and sat down on the couch beside me, his arm over my shoulders soon followed and I was tugged closer. "What's that?" he asked about the notepad.

"Nothing," I mumbled, leaning further into his side and closing my eyes, "Just helping Yoongi out with something."

The tie around his neck was loose and getting even looser as I tug on it gently to undo the fabric. "How was your family?"

He took a second to reply, maybe tired. "They were good, it's nice to see them." The tone of his voice was getting deeper and almost raspy, usually when he gets tired.

The tie was gone now, left on the couch beside us. "Have you see your family recently?" he asked. My answer came too quick, always ready to reply as abruptly to end that topic. "Nope."

Thoughts of my family wanted to seep into my head, much easier now without the barrier of magic that numbed it down and kept it out. It was like the corners of a screen turning black with toxic memories and turning cold with ice. Nothing good ever comes with that.

Part of me wanted to get up and almost find that cure, the one meant for me and not encased in glass bottles. The one that I promised to follow, the one that Taehyung wants me to follow.

But the warmth of his body this close to mine was enough of a cure for the moment.

idk how to get this book noticed
it's very discouraging but i'll keep
updating anyways