thanksgiving

As if Clarke's nerves weren't already high enough about meeting her boyfriend's dad, she was beginning to feel sick on top of that. She and Bellamy were setting up the table cloths, and she felt him constantly glancing at her.

Clarke straightened up, "what?"

He sighed, "I don't know why you're so nervous."

"I'm meeting your dad."

"Yeah?" he started walking closer to her. "He's never really been in my life either, as you know. So who cares if he doesn't like you?"

Clarke relaxed, "you're right." Bellamy smirked, and wrapped his arms around her waist, her own came up around his neck.

"I love you," he murmured into her hair. "Everything will be fine."

Her heart sped up in her chest. No matter how many times she heard that, it would always have the same affect on her. "I love you too."

***

Maya, Harper, Murphy, Clarke, Octavia, Raven, Miller, Lincoln, Jasper and Bellamy all sat at the table. Clarke's hans clutched Bellamy's under it, and he would squeeze it every so often for reassurance.

The room was quiet, the only sound was forks clinking against plates. Octavia and Bellamy would share nervous looks every so often, but no one said anything.

But then someone did. "So," Bellamy's father, Marcus, straightened up in his seat. "Bellamy, tell me, how long have you been with," he paused, "Clarke?"

Her hand tightened around his, but he shrugged. "About a year."

"So it's pretty serious?"

"I'd say so."

Back to silence.

"How come you never came down to see your kids until now?" it was Jasper.

Marcus stiffened, and Bellamy shot the boy a glare. "I didn't really have the money, is all. I would've come down if I did."

Those were the last words spoken at dinner that night. Everyone went home, including Clarke, and the night ended.

"So much for it 'being fine,' Bellamy," she muttered to herself. "That was the complete opposite of fine."

i feel so disconnected from you guys :(
i literally haven't started the (potential) 100 group chat second book. idk why to be honest, i haven't felt like writing recently. anyways, since thanksgiving is right around the corner, i figured it was time to post this!
the christmas irl chapter will come out sometime in december, and any other requests you guys have for me to write will come after that.

but stay tuned for the new book! it'll have different plot lines than this one.

-karri xx