three

Later that night, Clarke sat on her phone, Octavia sat next to her as they waited for the girls, and sadly, the boys to arrive.

Harper walked in first. "Where's Bellamy?" Clarke rolled her eyes, and Octavia raised a suggestive eyebrow at the blonde.

"He's on a date. He'll be back later."

Raven walked in, and took a seat across from the two. Harper trailed behind her. "Is he still dating that Echo girl?"

Clarke scoffed. "Don't even mention her name."

"Clarke would you just admit it?"

"I don't want to," the blonde protested.

"Why?" Raven asked.

"It'll make it so much more real. It sucks cause I know he doesn't feel the same way."

Octavia wanted to disagree. She knew her brother had feelings for Clarke, but she knew why Clarke felt the way she did. Bellamy had been dating Echo for three months. He dated her as a distraction, so Octavia couldn't blame Clarke for thinking that.

"You don't know that," Harper said with a pointed look.

"Why else is he dating Echo then? If he liked me he would date me."

"Maybe he's afraid you won't feel the same way." Raven replied. "Echo could be a rebound from you."

"Even if he did feel the same way, you know Bellamy. Once he gets bored with a girl, he tosses her away like she's nothing. I don't wanna be like that. Sure we act like we hate each other, but honestly I don't know what I would do if I lost him." Clarke admits.

Raven wanted to yell at Bellamy for making her best friend feel like this.

Octavia resisted the urge to shake her head. But once again, she couldn't blame her for feeling that way.

Little did the four of them know, John Murphy stood at the foot of the door, listening to the entire thing.