twenty-two

"Can we get ice cream?" Jasper asked, glancing at Clarke.

She looked back at him, "sure. I'm gonna go into that store over there," she pointed to a sign.

"I'm going too," Raven said, standing next to the blonde.

Bellamy looked at his girlfriend, before a smirk appeared on his face and he whispered something to Murphy. Murphy's face lit up, and he went to tell Monty. This continued until Jasper was told, he couldn't stop the laugh that came out of his mouth. Harper and Octavia—who were staring at the water, both turned their heads and rolled their eyes.

"I'm not in the mood for ice cream," Bellamy stated. "I'm gonna go to the thing I told you guys about." Murphy nodded, agreeing that he would help. Lincoln, Monty and Jasper made their way to the ice cream stand a few feet from where they were.

Lincoln ordered first. Grinning at the girl who took his order, and giving Jasper a wink once he noticed him staring.

"Talk to her."

"She's gorgeous, how can I talk to her?"

Monty came up next to him. "You know, work your charm?"

"What charm?" He laughed. "I don't have a charm. I'm just socially awkward and make everything into a joke."

"Do that," Lincoln said with a smirk.

"This is going to fail miserably," Jasper announced, but walked back up to the stand. She turned around when she heard him.

"Hi," she said, smiling. "What can I get for you?"

"Um, mint chocolate chip, with whipped cream and a side of you."

She blinked.

Jasper wanted to hit himself.

But then, she started to laugh. "That was so bad."

He scratched his neck. "Yeah, I'm not really good at this whole flirting thing."

"Okay, let me tell you how to do it," she leaned on the counter. "First, you order the ice cream you actually want. Then, you compliment her, if she blushes at your compliment and responds, ask her out."

Jasper smiled. "Can I have mint chocolate chip, please."

"Of course."

She came back a few minutes later. "Here you go," she handed it to him.

"How much do I owe you?"

"Nothing. On the house."

Jasper chuckled. "Forget your stupid rules, when are you done your shift?"

"Ten minutes."

"I'll be waiting, Maya."

that last line sounded really creepy LMAO

ps: the next chapter is a group chat ^•^