the baking competition

"Bellamy!" Clarke yelled when he dropped the eggshell in the cake. She heard Raven laugh from across the room, and she shot the brunette a glare.

"What? I told you I can't cook!" Bellamy held his hands up in fake surrender.

"This isn't cooking!" She held in a laugh at his floured covered face. "It's baking!"

"Same thing," he muttered. A smirk appeared on his face when he saw she was trying not to laugh. He grabbed flour from the bag, and threw it on her. She screamed.

"Asshole. We're winning this."

He eyed her, "keep telling yourself that, princess."

"Maybe it'll come true," Murphy called. "I doubt it though."

"I don't think anyone asked," Clarke replied sarcastically.

Monty snorted from his area, he and Jasper shared a look. "You guys really think you're gonna win?"

Clarke turned to face him, her hands going on her hips. She could tell they were trying not to laugh at her flour-covered body. "Do you? What experience do you guys have with cooking?"

"None," Maya replied from the other side of the kitchen. "Jasper can't bake or cook for his life."

"Babe," Jasper groaned, throwing his head back. "Don't expose me."

Bellamy came up behind Clarke, and put his hands over hers on her waist. Her heart leaped in her chest, and she leaned back against him. Octavia shot them a look from the stool she was sitting on, this was the first time she'd looked up from her phone. "This is a baking competition. Not a porn introduction."

Bellamy smirked from behind her, and grabbed the cake from the oven. It looked burnt, and Monty laughed. "So much for winning, Princess." Bellamy glared at him for using his nickname.

"Harper?" Clarke called. "Can I hit your boyfriend?"

"Knock yourself out," she replied, and then laughed at the pun.

***

Clarke pouted in Bellamy's car. "I can't believe we lost." He shrugged, and put it in reverse. "This is your fault you know," she continued. She felt him raise his eyebrows at her. "If you didn't drop the eggshell in the mix it wouldn't have burnt."

"Yes. It was the eggshell's fault that the cake was burnt."

"Shut up."

***

"We literally came in last," Miller complained, walking out next to Maya.

She smiled, "what can I say? I thought Jasper was horrible at baking, but we didn't even pour the milk in."

Miller laughed, "we're so dumb."

"Yeah we are."

***

Raven pushed herself on the counter, Murphy stood in front of her. "At least we didn't come in last."

"Bellamy and Clarke's burnt cake came before ours. I'd say that's last place."

"Stop being such a party pooper, Rae."

She felt herself smile.

***

Jasper licked the icing off his hand. "I love winning."

Harper smiled as Monty fed her another piece of cake. "Same," he replied.

there's the baking competition for you.
sorry it took so long to come out, i couldn't think of how to write it.

also, i want to recommend a book series to y'all. The Iron Fey. it's not on wattpad, but it's one of my favorite series!! i wanted to write one-shots on it, but i didn't know if anyone would even read it. if you already have, tell me! i'd love to talk ab it with you since i have no one to talk about it with irl lol.

—karri xoxo