chapter - purple roses?

The Friend Group And The Purple Roses

Taehyung loved to loiter. That's what I have only learnt this week. You can find him anywhere but the club room he's assigned to work in.

Whenever asked, he'd always say that he wasn't needed because once he started putting his mind in the task, he wouldn't let anybody else even breathe near his project, which... sounds intimidating.

But how would a goofball like him look while he's investing all of his concentration on his project?

No wonder there was a line of girls the next day wanting to join the Filmmaking Club. How hysterical would it be when they figure out he's never in the club room?

Hah, I'd be sobbing tears of fun and no sympathy.

It was the second day of my attending the club and it wasn't that bad.

Except for the fact that I didn't know how to change modes in my camera.

Or even turn it on.

My lame excuse of a brother doesn't even bother to help me. He was busy on his phone, talking to who I assumed was Jimin and sometimes Seokjin. Jimin was the dude who always had his ears perked open in case if B/N mentioned the word 'girl' in any scenario. Meanwhile, Jin was just...

Just on the lookout of getting his handsome face captured in the eyes of the HD camera. He didn't want to admit it, but he really desperately wanted to get his photo taken.

On the other hand, Hoseok was the busiest one in our group. Every time we'd ask him to ring us a call, he'd deny saying that he's busy with his dance practice.

Or maybe he got a significant other. If he told me that 98% of the members in his club were girls, I'd be sipping tea, not even fazed because that wouldn't be surprising.

Jungkook and Yoongi (surprisingly) were the most active members on the group chat. I'll have to say, Jungkook does have some guts to annoy the living shit out of Yoongi, but then again, everyone pretends to be a dragon slayer behind the screen.

F/N was sleeping most of the time, which is shocking because that's Yoongi's job. It feels like they both swapped places. The club-less boys would end their chat, most of the time Yoongi being done with Jungkook's non-sense, that's when F/N would come to rise. They would always spam the group by whining about how nobody talks to them, which also resulted in Yoongi kicking them out of the group chat a lot of times.

And then we have Namjoon, who I met 24 hours ago. A brunet boy with dimples who gave me 4 wisterias as a welcome gift. I don't know much about him, but I heard he's the 'brain of the college'. Of course, I know what I have heard and witnessed, but I don't know what makes him him.

Just because you know about the mere existence of a person doesn't mean you know them inside out.

The biggest human defining composition lies inside the person's heart and mind.

According to me, anyway, I wouldn't talk about the number of bones or cells he has, that doesn't define his behaviour.

He has more brain cells than me. That's a fact. That's because all the people I have witnessed in my life made me lose so many brain cells that I don't think there's any left to even begin with.

My trash thoughts were intervened by Namjoon, my fresh new friend who held a bouquet of 4 flowers. They weren't wisterias... but they surely were roses.

"Good morning, Y/N. How was your day? Did you like the flowers?" He asked, an expectant expression visible on his face. Oh you know, just the usual; my brother ignored me, my midget friend tried to flirt with me, my self loving friend begged me to take his pictures, my bubbly friend showed me his collection of cute critters, my somewhat normal friend might have a secret girlfriend, my coconut friend spammed the group with memes which I am thankful for, my grumpy friend threatened to murder us while we take a shit, my best friend slept through my conversations then spammed me for not being present.

Just the usual.

"Oh, you know just a normal day. I went home, ate lunch, took a nap, completed my homework, and, surprisingly, ate dinner and slept. By slept I mean I browsed the internet while munching down 2 bags of chips, cracking a cold one open with the boys virtually. Oh, and I absolutely loved the flowers. I love plants. My house is typically a greenhouse."

Namjoon blinked a few times, trying to take in whatever I said. I didn't tell him everything that happened, but I didn't tell him lies either. But he seemed to appreciate the last point I declared.

"How was your day?"

"Great, actually," He smiled, showing his illegal to mankind dimples again. A few more steps till I can poke them. "My friend prepared 'gourmet food' and told me to rate it because he knows I can't cook and he wanted me to show his 'neck to neck with Gordon Ramsay' dish." He laughed. Oh wow, what a great friend, I toootaallllyy have no clue how a friend can be this considerate. I wonder who that friend is?

I just wonder because I surely don't wanna know.

"Oh, I almost forgot."

I watched as he forwarded his hand to give me another set of flowers. Roses.

"Well, thank you for the kind gift." I smiled as I took the flowers from him. He chuckled, his cheeks turning red slightly.

Wait, is he blushing?

Did I turn into Blake Lively or something? Why is he blushing? Maybe he has a fever or maybe too shy to talk to girls?

Nah, that's Jungkook.

I didn't give it much thought as it might make him uncomfortable and smiled at him. I may now regard him as my personal florist.

"So..." I trailed off, thinking that he'll tell me the symbolism behind roses.

I'm pretty sure a guy like him wouldn't gift me mediocre roses without having any reason or meaning behind it.

But why is he also giving me flowers?

"So...?" He followed my tone, earning a slight chuckle from me. His face flushed again as I continued my sentence.

"What do purple roses symbolize?"

He grew shocked at my words as he glanced down at my hands, holding the flowers. With that, all the colours drained out from his face as he turned paler than a ghost.

---------------------✄

Joonie™, whatchu hidin' boi? 🤔😉

Also, I love this photo of him. Every quirk and attractive feature of him glows out beautifully here.