Chapter 10: "I'm Sorry"

Depuis le début

Diamond Tiara saw Twilight look down. She wondered if she had asked too much out of Twilight. She decided to not say anything until Twilight spoke.

Twilight looked up to see a hurt Diamond Tiara. She felt bad that she sent the wrong message to Diamond Tiara. "Yes. I would love to be your friend," replied Twilight.

Diamond Tiara smiled at her as she heard Twilight's response. "Thanks, Twilight. You're the first friend that I've made so far," said Diamond Tiara.

Twilight smiled back, nervously shifting in her seat. She couldn't shake the uneasy feeling she had around Diamond Tiara.

Meanwhile, Sunset and Rarity were sitting together in Mr. Sunbust's class.

"Hey Rarity, do you think Twilight will take my being a vampire okay? I am scared about revealing that to her," whispered Sunset.

Rarity looked at Sunset, her dark blue eyes full of sympathy. She said, "Sunset if Twilight truly cares for you, then she will look past you and your vampiric urges."

Sunset took what Rarity said to heart. She noticed that was what Pinkie had said the day they met Twilight. The rest of the class went without another conversation.

As the bell for the last class of the day rang, Sunset packed up her notebook. She looked up as she saw Fluttershy walked up.

"Hey, Fluttershy. You're just the person I wanted to see," said Sunset, smiling.

Fluttershy gasped. "Really? Why, Sunset?"

Sunset looked around, making sure no one was within hearing distance of them. "I need to ask you a question," replied Sunset.

Fluttershy winced slightly as Sunset grabbed her arm a little too tight. She was pulled into a quiet part of the hallway. "What is your question, Sunset?" asked Fluttershy.

Sunset looked at Fluttershy, her throat going dry as a desert. "Uhm, I was wondering if you had any suggestions for how I should tell Twilight that I am a vampire," said Sunset.

Fluttershy felt fear rise up and make her stomach tie into knots. She saw that Sunset's cyan eyes were full of distress. She gulped, pushing her own uneasiness aside.

Sunset looked down at her own shoes. She understood from Fluttershy's silence that she had asked too much of her. "Sorry, Fluttershy. I shouldn't-"

"No, I am glad that you came to me. I think you should tell her gently. Let her ask questions and do your best to tell the answers. And if she has any requests, see what you can do to meet them." said Fluttershy, interrupting Sunset mid-sentence.

Sunset looked at Fluttershy as she felt a firm hand on her shoulder. But before she could respond she was pulled into a quick hug. She hugged Fluttershy, surprised by the hug.

The bell rang, interrupting the hug. "Oh, Sunset! We better hurry before we're late to class," said Fluttershy.

Sunset watched as Fluttershy waved a quick goodbye to her. She hurried off to the last class of the day.

As she arrived at Ms. Harshwhinny's class, she noticed a few a students gave disapproving glares. She quickly took her seat before Ms. Harshwhinny turned away from the whiteboard.

"Hello, Ms. Shimmer. Nice of you to join us," said Ms. Harshwhinny, as she looked at Sunset.

Sunset shifted nervously in her seat. She noticed that as Ms. Harshwhinny looked at her, the class decided to join in. "Sorry, Ms. Harshwhinny." was all Sunset managed to say.

Ms. Harshwhinny went back to announcing the assignment. Sunset felt her phone vibrate in her back pocket. She pulled it out, careful to not let anyone see it.