Chapter 10: "I'm Sorry"

Start from the beginning

Sunset grumbled in annoyance. She looked down at the table, her eyes shifting from cyan to red and back again. She knew her inability to control her anger was a problem. She took a few breaths, allowing her eyes to remain their cyan color again.

Meanwhile, across the room, Diamond Tiara watched as Sunset's eyes changed color. She gasped, having seen that same thing happen to her father. She grabbed her phone, making a mental note of what she just saw.

Trixie, who looked up, saw Diamond Tiara send a text. She knew that filthy Rich had some bad past with Starlight. "Psst. Sunset!" whispered Trixie.

Sunset looked at Trixie. "What is it now?" asked Sunset. She placed on hand on her hip.

Trixie sat back, noticing Sunset's posture. "Well, I think you should know that Diamond Tiara just saw your eyes go all red," whispered Trixie.

Sunset felt her heart drop in her chest. She couldn't believe that she may have just exposed herself to her enemy's daughter. She laid her head against the table. "Great. Just great. Now I have a spoiled rich brat to worry about! On top of that, I have to fix things with Twilight." thought Sunset.

For the rest of the class, Sunset wondered what she was going to tell Starlight. She only hoped that Starlight would understand that she hadn't meant for it to happen.

As the bell rang, Sunset ran to her locker which wasn't far. As she placed some of her books in her locker, she saw Applejack. Locking her locker again, Sunset walked up to Fluttershy.

"Hey, Sunset." greeted Applejack. She noticed that Sunset seemed to be in distress.

"Hey Applejack, can I ask for your honest opinion?" asked Sunset, her voice low.

Applejack nodded. She placed a gentle hand on Sunset's shoulder. "Of course, Sunset. I am your friend, and you can count on me to be there, no matter the situation."

Sunset smiled. She was glad to have Applejack as her friend. She sighed as she readied herself to ask the question. "Should I tell Twilight the truth?" asked Sunset.

Applejack looked at the ground. She wasn't sure how to say the answer. She hated that they had to lie to people, but if the opportunity to tell the truth arose, she would take it.

"Well, I would. But check with Starlight. She might even give you the house for the night. That is my suggestion." replied Applejack.

Sunset cringed as she heard Applejack say that she would. She wondered if she could truly tell Twilight the truth. She nodded back at Applejack's response, saying, "Okay, thanks for the advice Applejack."

Applejack nodded back, closing her locker. After that, she and Sunset went to their separate classes. She hoped that Sunset would tell Twilight the truth.

Meanwhile, Diamond Tiara was sitting in a class, next to Twilight. She noticed that the plum-haired girl seemed nervous.

"Hi, my name is Diamond Tiara. I am the girl whose paper that your glasses fell on," said Diamond Tiara, introducing herself.

Twilight looked up, adjusting her glasses as they shifted down. She noticed that Diamond Tiara seemed to be almost as pale as Sunset was. "Oh, hello. My name is-"

"Twilight Sparkle, I know. Ms. Cheerlie had mentioned it," said Diamond Tiara, interrupting Twilight. She smiled as she a nervous Twilight adjust her glasses again.

"Sorry for interrupting you. Would you like to be friends?" asked Diamond.

The question took Twilight by surprise. She hadn't suspected for Diamond Tiara to ask that question. She looked down, unsure of what to say back.