1.24

Lei Yang slammed Edris' bedroom door shut behind them. It took a while but they managed to send everyone home, clean up the hall and do some of the dishes so that it was easier for the cleaner tomorrow morning. It was now two in the morning as Lei Yang plopped down on Edris' couch. His loosened his tie, unbuttoned the first three buttons and draped his blazer on the couch behind him. Slowly unbuttoning his vest and laying it on top of his blazer, Lei Yang kicked off his loafers. Too lazy to bend down to slip off his socks, he hooked one of his big toes and used it to fish off one sock and switched feet to pull off the other. Clutching the sock between his big toe and second toe, Lei Yang placed the socks in the shoes with his feet like a monkey. Edris was sitting on the edge of his bed and watching the process with great amusement. Feeling his stare, Lei Yang grunted and stood, going to the corner of Edris' bedroom and sorting through his liquor cabinet. Picking out a whiskey bottle, he downed it straight from the bottle. The liquor burned his throat and the strong alcohol tasted like motor oil. Feeling an almost immediate sensation, Lei Yang's head was light and cloudy, his eyes half-lidded. Stumbling over to Edris, he sat next to the man and half draped over him. Edris cocked a brow before snatching the bottle off of him.

 Whining in his throat, Lei Yang raised a hand to get it back but failed and just let his arm flop back down, accidentally snagging one of Edris' shirt's buttons on the end of his fingers. He giggled briefly at the torn off button. Edris was too consumed in downing the liquor to notice the state of his shirt. Rolling over and having his torso fall into the man's lap, Lei Yang allowed his face to rest against Edris' abdomen. "What did you two knuckleheads even fight about?" Lei Yang murmured against the shirt, his warm breath sending shivers down Edris' spine. Having gotten quite drunk before and now drinking even more alcohol, Edris was pretty far gone. "Because Benson said that he wanted to fuck you" he admitted after some time. Lei Yang sat up on his hunches with a surprised face. "Yeah, I'm sexy, I get it. But what has that got to do with you? Why does that irritate you?" he asked, confused. Edris tilted his head and stared at Lei Yang with half-lidded eyes. "Because you're like a little brother to me. You wouldn't feel good if some guy, with a fiancee might I add, goes up to you and said he'd fuck the shit out of the guy you consider family. So, I invited him out front to teach him a lesson, I defended your honour! Praise your big bro, Yang!" he grinned cheekily. Lei Yang was stumped before he burst into fits of giggles, falling forward onto Edris' lap again and rubbing his face into his abdomen. He thought it was ridiculous but he was still moved, the man was indeed defending his honour. He felt a warm affection bubble up, a sibling-like love that he never experienced in his past life. He felt indulged. Edris watched the shaking shoulders from his viewpoint with a big grin, affection shining in his eyes. They both laid like that for a while in complete yet comfortable silence. "Shall I call you big brother from now on?" Lei Yang piped up after a while, breaking the silence. Edris just lifted his hand and stroked his hair on the back of his head. Both, a drunken mess, fell asleep. 

Two hours later, Lei Yang woke up with parched throat, still drunk. Stumbling off of Edris' bed, he went towards the kitchen. Turning on the light, he hissed at the blinding light before reaching for a cup. Using the water filter on the fridge, Lei Yang watched his glass fill up with cold water that he felt through the glass. Realising how hot his skin was, Lei Yang momentarily held up the cool glass to his temple. Getting slight relief, he drank the water without pause and left the glass in the sink, licking his chapped lips as he made his way back to the bedroom. He had stayed over at Edris' on many occasions now, even making a little nest for himself in one of the spare bedrooms but he just went back to Edris' bed. Arriving before the bed, Lei Yang shimmied out of his dress pants as he truly was hot. Crawling across the king bed and settling in next to Edris' sleeping figure, Lei Yang saw no issue with cuddling. He was a creature that preferred to sleep with someone or something in the bed as he liked the feeling of holding onto something when he sleeps. That's why his bed at home and his apartment it laden with stuffed toys galore. Despite being heated, Lei Yang snuggled into the side of Edris. Closing his eyes and listening to the deep breathing of his companion, Lei Yang started to doze off.