1.25

Lei Yang awoke in his bedroom in Edris' apartment with a pounding headache and memory loss. He didn't know what he did after slamming the front door of the apartment but he assumed he chewed Edris out and went to sleep after making sure the man wouldn't choke on his own vomit. That was what he tended to do with his drunk friends when he dropped them home, both in his old world and this one, as it wasn't the first time he had to nurse a drunk Edris. Sitting up, he then noticed that he slept naked the night before, something completely uncharacteristic of him but he didn't think too much about it. Opening his door and poking his head out, he heard the distinctive sizzling of a frying pan in the kitchen and the blaring of the radio. Making a break for it towards Edris' room, he successfully slipped in without Edris seeing a flash of a white butt flitting around the hallway. If Edris was to see him naked, he would be absolutely mortified. Despite being straight, he felt that it'd be bad for his overly sexy friend to see him in all his glory. He might just lose his confidence if he was also to see said man in his naked glory. A blush crept up his neck and cheeks at the thought, so he abandoned the thought and trotted up to the wardrobe.

 Noticing his pants unceremoniously left on the floor beside Edris' bed, along with his underwear, Lei Yang went blue in the face. Pausing to cup his butt in terror, he found some relief in the fact that he didn't feel any pain in his chrysanthemum, hips or legs, so he confirmed that he didn't get deflowered. He didn't even consider the possibility of him being the one to pluck the flower as he more than knew the size and weight difference between Edris and himself. Not to mention that Edris was now a mercenary as well, one with greater strength than himself, he knew his abilities fully. Slipping on his underwear and pants, Lei Yang shifted through Edris' shirts as he couldn't seem to find his shirt. Choosing a large turtleneck sweater in ruby red, Lei Yang left the room after combing his hands through his hair to make sure he was somewhat presentable.

 The torn and forgotten dress shirt left under the duvet, covered in a suspicious substance: ...

 Lei Yang followed the scent of caramelised butter and bacon towards the kitchen, taking a seat on one of the bar stools. Putting his foot on the footstool, he used one leg to push up his body so he could reach the seat. Lei Yang just watched his friend whizzing about the kitchen. The toast popped and Edris pinched the toast between his fingers and dropped it quickly on a plate as if not to burn them. Reaching into the cutlery drawer next to him, he grabbed out a butter knife and some butter, pushing them towards the seated Lei Yang. Lei Yang wordlessly buttered the bread as Edris used the back of his heel to close the drawer in passing. Once they had settled down for breakfast with a coffee to ease their throbbing temples, they decided to talk about last night. Laying down his knife and fork on his plate, Lei Yang looked up to stare seriously at his quiet table companion. "So, care to explain what happened last night at the party with Benson?" he just jumped straight in. Edris sighed and laid down his knife and fork as well. Taking a paper towel, he folded it in half horizontally and wiped his mouth. Using his tongue to run across his teeth, Edris finally answered the question after much stalling. "I told you last night, the dude said he wants to fuck you, like I'd let that slide" Edris paused to take a mouthful of coffee. Lei Yang vaguely does remember discussing that point but the rest of the night was a blur. He nodded his head hesitantly.

"Like it or not, I now view you as my little brother, no cheeky man or woman is going to make derogatory comments about my family. Especially if they're already spoken for. I don't care if he says it's banter between brothers-in-law or any other lame excuse, it's not gonna slide with me". Lei Yang wasn't gonna lie, this big lug has taken a spot in his heart, he treated the man as his own family as well. So it made sense to him that Edris would treat him with the same sincerity. Grinning stupidly, Lei Yang stood up and walked up to Edris, bending to give him a hug around the neck. He felt honest sibling-like affection for the man, he was like a brother he never had. Edris let Lei Yang hug him in silence as they listened to the music playing on the radio, just taking some time to wind his arm around Lei Yang's waist to embrace him back, physically letting him know that he understood his feelings and felt the same. 

Roy Orbison's 'You Got It' was currently playing and set the tone of the scene nicely, not in a romantic sense but as a brotherly companion who was willing to do anything or give everything to make sure the other always stays smiling. The sweet moment was ruined by Lei Yang's surprised gasp. Lei Yang let go of Edris and moved to plop down on the couch. Edris looked at him with confusion and got up to take the dishes to soak in the already drawn hot water. He then came to sit next to Lei Yang on the couch, watching him as if he could literally see the cogs turning in his brain. "What's the matter, Yang?" he asked, concerned. Lei Yang hummed uneasily and stood up to start pacing. "I just want to know something. Why would Benson even bother making such a claim in the first place? And how did the conversation devolve to that?" he questioned the man that was splayed out on the couch without a care in the world. Rolling from his back and onto his side, Edris laid his head on his palm on his bent elbow, staring at Lei Yang's figure from a horizontal position. He shrugged his shoulders, apparently just as miffed. 

Closing his eyes in thought, he abruptly sat up and crossed his legs into a lotus position with his right hand on his chin. "Well, when you walked away, we started talking about company related things before he tried to 'subtly' enquire my relationship with you. I answered with the fact we became friends months ago and naturally I asked him the same question because I succinctly remember not introducing you to each other, ever. He told me he was marrying your sister and that he wasn't that keen on the idea. Perhaps he was too drunk as he also admitted that he really wasn't into your sister but wanted to fuck you. I took him out front, as you already know. But his confession wasn't really that surprising as I had heard of many rumours going around in his delegated hotel that he had been with some of the men in the company. The only reason I even remember is that it made a large impression on me at the time because his mother had actually turned up at his workplace and started a verbal fight about the rumours. My guess is that he is into men but is being pressured to produce an heir by his family" Edris gossiped like a middle-aged married woman at a community dinner party. 

Lei Yang grimaced as he made a more or less complete picture of events in his mind. The last puzzle piece is found in the most of unlikely of places.