FIFTY THREE

- Alex's POV -

It was Christmas. It was snowing outside.

Alex was at Juliet's place. Typhon was fast asleep in his comfy corner and warm bed.

The couple were on the sofa, wearing warm clothes and watching Christmas-ey movies while eating popcorn. Juliet gave him a new black sweater and football shoes. He got her books, and a hoodie that said she is currently unavailable to respond to flirtatious advances because she is too busy flirting with her boyfriend. Funny.

They were watching some Slovak movie that Alex didn't understand. It was when Juliet laughed at something the main character said that Alex realised something.

He had fallen in love with Juliet Ashton. Bold, intelligent, witty, funny and understanding Juliet Ashton.

He subtly stared at her. Her long, clear face. Her soft, pink lips. Her big, dark green eyes. Her shoulder length strawberry blonde hair that she fiercely claimed was honey coloured.

She suddenly looked at him slyly. "A picture lasts longer, Camden."

"I don't have my phone with me," he replied cheekily.

She sat on his laps, facing him, her arms around his neck. "Too bad. I guess you'll just have to stare at me all Christmas long," she sighed dramatically.

He kissed her jaw. "I guess I will." They kissed for some time, until he pulled back gently and asked, "when is your parents' Christmas ball again?" He murmured.

"Six in the evening. Why?"

"It's four in the afternoon," he pointed out. "Don't you think we should slowly start getting ready?"

Juliet made a face. "Do we have to go? I'd rather sit here all evening and make out with you," she said this while grinning and making kissy faces, puckering her lips. She  looked like an idiot.

He chuckled and surrendered to a few kisses before pulling away and saying, "I'm going to go take a shower in my dorm and get ready. I'll come to pick you up at five thirty."

She pouted. "You're leaving me?"

"For one and a half hour, yes."

"Smartass," she called him.

He gave her one last lingering kiss on the mouth before saying, "bye. Don't miss me too much."

"Don't flatter yourself, Camden," she said haughtily, as she closed the door.

He chuckled.

***

Juliet spun for Alex and fluttered her eyelashes. "Do I look fancy enough to attend my rich father's Christmas ball?"

Typhon barked.

Alex murmured, "you're so beautiful that I feel like I can't catch a breath."

Juliet suddenly blushed. "Look at you - being all charming and everything."

Alex smiled softly and took her hand. Juliet suddenly stopped short and frowned. "I don't like leaving Typhon alone so often... maybe I was too quick to adopt him. I don't have time for him." She looked a little sad.

He told her, "if you really don't think you'll be able to manage him, then give him to someone who will. I'm sure you can still visit him a lot."

Juliet scowled. "Like hell. That dog is mine, I'm not giving him to anyone. I'll just have to find a babysitter or something."