ChapterTwenty-Nine: Journey to the woods

Like usual days went by. Nothing unusual happened like always, Maeve's life started to become day after day even more boring. She had nothing else to do than watch out of a window and think about all the possible scenes that could happen. 

Maybe a long lost soul finds the reason he is living. Or the sky starts to cry again making almost everyone sad too. Only the thought about that made Maeve almost cry. 

All of her days were similar, nothing new happened, nothing bad occurred. People avoided her as usual but no one offended her anymore. The looks that random servants gave was weird as if they knew something she didn't. And that if something gave her chills. 

Did they know something that she didn't? Did they know about some weird ceremony that is going to end badly for her?

At the lack of things to do she had more time to think about the person she misses. She hated the feeling she had for him, she wanted to scream and shout to him for leaving her alone. For leaving her without saying goodbyes. But that wasn't her, Maeve didn't like to yell at someone if something that made her feel distressed and the person she cheered continued his life as nothing happened.

It has been four weeks two days and three hours since she last saw him riding on his beautiful stallion. He left her like she was nothing like she was only a waste of air and food. Not that she got food easily if she went to the kitchen. The lady always started to scream as if she was some vermin.

Luckily every day maids brought her food and water to drink. Every single one of those moments made her think of Cory. She never got the chance of burying her. One more thing about why she should hate The King. She truly wanted to hate him from everything he has done to her, things that she should never forgive him but the heart wants what it wants. 

Her mother taught her that. She always used to say that in life you need to choose the thing that is the most important. 

"Tommy?" She asked. The little mouse came visible under her bed.

Maeve smiled. At least she had one breathing animal that cared for her. "She w-was so beautiful and kind," the human sniffled. If a genie would step through the door and gave her one wish, her wish would her being able to hug her for one last time.

That's when she developed an idea that she is talking Cato to join.

***

"Hell no." If there was something Cato would never allow the human to do that is definitely it. 

"W-why not? I miss her."

"You hugging a rock kilometers away is not going to bring her back to you."

"I wasn't going t-to hug it," Maeve muttered. She couldn't understand how could the beta be so selfish? Couldn't he see the pain she was feeling every day?

"I'm still not going to let you go there." The man snapped and continued to do the things he was doing before the human interrupted her.

"Then I'm g-going alone."

The beta rolled his eyes, "Yeah, not going to happen, princess." There is no way he is letting her wander around woods to Sector Seven. The journey is way too long for a small human being walk alone in a werewolf territory while her head is the goal for all the rivals of the kingdom. Not to mention that she is clearly pregnant with the heir of the kingdom.

A few tears fell on her cheek. 

Only the sight of that made Cato curse. Why does she have to be so sensitive? The hormones raging on her body are not doing the situation any better.