ChapterThirtyNine: Gusts of Wind

Maeve turned to look over her right shoulder and all she saw was large spruces. She sighed and turned to look at the opposite direction and saw the exact same thing. 

Everywhere she even looked at she could see trees that looked the same. How could she navigate her way back to the castle when everywhere she looked at where the same trees? A quiet whimper of despair left her mouth. 

Nothing was good in her life at that moment. Her stomach was craving for food, her feet were killing her and probably the best and worst at the same time was that her baby had started to kick once in a while. It was amazing to feel him or her move inside her but the worst part of it was that if Maeve was starving so was the baby.

She would never forgive herself if something bad happened to the baby because of her stupid decision. But soon they would be back with the father of the baby, or well... that was Maeve at least hoped. If truth to be told she had no idea was she closer to the castle or had she walked on the wrong direction.

A large rock soon came to her sight. It was little mossy and wet but it would do fine as a seat for her. Maeve took her cloak off and started to unbutton her dirty dress. The material wasn't the thickest but it made its job as keeping her warm. Luckily the weather was warm and not cold and snowy like in the winters. After her corset was revealed to nature she took it off and dropped to the ground. 

The little gusts of wind made her nipples harden as they were released for everyone to see. Luckily for her, she was alone in the woods with no one else on sight.

"Hi little one," she whispered and patted her naked stomach that had started to remind her of a small ball.  

It was the first time she actually saw her plump stomach without any garments covering it after she found out she was pregnant.

"I'm so sorry," she said and a tear fell on her cheek. "I should have never trusted on him but luckily for us, he's gone now." The memory of the blood made her scrunch her nose from disgust. Her dress still had some in it.

Maeve patted her stomach for a while before putting her dress back on but left the corset on the ground. It was too tight around her waist, making her fear that it was going to affect the development of the baby. 

The dress wasn't that bad on her as she had thought it would look without support around the waist. It looked decent but there was one negative warrant in it, the outlines of her nipples shone through making her blush from the thought of someone seeing her like this. She put the cape back on making it cover her bosoms.

After a few hours, she stopped again. Her body was killing her and Maeve knew that she had to eat something in the order of surviving. 

"I'm so sorry," she whispered to her abdomen. If only...

Deciding to walk a little further to see if there would be someone or something that could help her. Gusts of wind made her skin go goosebumps all over her body. Leafs, that the last Autumn had left to the ground, started to fly through the air.  

 A sound of footsteps made their way to her ears.

"Hello?" She asked and made sure her cloak wasn't showing anything it shouldn't. The wind made it hard for her to see anything around her. No one answered and the sound of footsteps seemed to go farther away from her. Maeve realized that those footsteps might belong to someone who could help her find her way back to Dominic.

"Wait!" She yelled after the runner. 

The sound of the footsteps started to come closer to her. Soon she could see a cloaked person not too far from her.

"Are you lost?" The person asked. 

Maeve sighed from relief. "Oh, yes. I was w-wondering if you could help me."