Chapter 9

Chapter 9-Zoë’s POV

http://www.polyvore.com/sophie_ch/set?id=47726436

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=47771657

I rub the sleep from my eyes and stare at the ceiling. This trip so far has not been what I expected. My stomach grumbles and I untangle myself from the sheets. When I arrive in the living room, almost everyone is up. I’m greeted with a hug from Liam and a yawn from Louis. I don’t meet Harry’s eyes.

“Guess where we’re going!” Niall shouts enthusiastically. I shrug my shoulders, moving towards the smell of food. “The mall!” He smiles. Sophie must’ve arranged this. “We have a signing for an hour, but after that we can walk around all together. Until then, you and Sophie can do whatever.” He shovels a forkful of some unidentifiable mush into his mouth.

I’m still struggling to grasp the fact that my best friend is now in some famous boy band, and now he’s signing autographs at the mall. I shrug my shoulders, but walk to my room to get dressed. I grab a banana on the way.

An hour later, everyone is fully awake and dressed. Louis decides he will be driving, and we head off. All seven of us cram into Liam’s car and I’m sandwiched between Sophie and Harry. He doesn’t seem to mind but even though last night changed my perspective on things, I can’t let myself succumb so easily. Sophie has given me space since yesterday’s episode, but I know I need to tell her what’s going on. When Harry and I were together for those months, Sophie was away on a trip with her family. We kept in touch but only through brief texts and the occasional postcard. By the time she was back, Harry was gone and my emotional life was too much of a wreck to talk about.

When we pulled up to the crowded mall parking lot, everyone piled out and Liam started directing the boys to another car where they were meeting some security and publicity people. Sophie and I headed for the shops. I was excited to spend my birthday money, which was in the hundreds. Sophie had money of her own from her family that could keep her shopping for days on end.

“Come on!” She calls, pulling me into the crowded mall. Her eyes were wide with giddiness. “Ok, so lets start on one end of the mall, then work our way to the other.” She suggests. “That way we can hit all of them with the time we have.  I just nod my head, you don’t want to keep Sophie from her shopping. It can get ugly.

I lost track of the boys minutes ago, and I give up on trying to stick with them. There were already some fans beginning to swarm. Soph and I end up staying in the food court the whole time, which is only an hour. She decides that we should would wait for the guys to shop. I just laugh and nod again.

She looks down and I can tell something is on her mind. “So...” she begins awkwardly. “What happened yesterday?” She looks up now, waiting for my response. I shake my head. I don’t feel like explaining it again, because I’m afraid I won’t want to forgive Harry again.

“Well, I knew Harry.” I admit. Her mouth forms an “O” shape. “My father, as you know, is a consultant, and blah blah blah... Harry met with him one day, and we hung out after. But not just that day, a couple months we hung out. We... were close. Of course, soon he’d have to leave. Sophie...” My eyes start to water. “I made some decisions I regret with him. W-we were young... I just thought we had something to say goodbye for. But he didn’t think so, I guess.” I play with my nails. Sophie looks sad, and walks over to give me a hug. She sits in my lap.

“You know what? Let’s go try on some stuff. I think we’ve got another 20 minutes til the boys are done, so let’s go!” She drags me into a store, and I laugh at the stuff she picks out. My phone buzzes when we’re inside of Esprit. It’s a text from Liam:

Hey love. Just finished signing. I can't believe we've got this many fans! 

I send a reply asking where we should meet him, and he responds quickly.

Just try and find us if you can(;

I smile. It’s on!