Chapter 3

Chapter 3 - Zoë’s POV

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=47650325

http://www.polyvore.com/sophie_ch/set?id=47649629

“Shit...” I mutter. “Sophie, where’s my phone charger?!” I yell across the house. We’ve been frantically running around trying to get packed and out the door so we can make it to the airport on time.

“How should I know?” She says, then starts zipping up her oversized designer suitcase which is bulging at the seams. I laugh a little at the amount of clothes she’s bringing along, but smile when I think about the exciting trip ahead. Europe!! I’ve only been out of the country twice, and both times were to Mexico, so this is really the best birthday present ever. Not to mention the fact that I’ll get to see Liam for the first time in forever... I’m surprised at how much I’ve missed him. Wonder what he’s been up to lately.

My room is a total wreck but I don’t have time to worry about it now. I put on some sweats and sloppily pull my reddish-blonde hair into a bun. That too is a wreck but I inherited stubborn locks from my Mom and color-changing eyes from my Dad. I shove some headphones into my carry-on bag as we head out the door. I plan on sleeping on the plane.

“Be safe,” Dad says again and we share a huge hug. My Mom follows in suit and wraps her arms around me. I can tell she’s nervous about letting me go, but I also know that she trusts me.

Checking in was easy, because both Sophie and I had traveled a lot around the US. We were accustomed to all the steps of flying. We made our way over to security, but the bottom of my suitcase clips my heel and I fall, my suitcase gliding across the marble floor. A few people stare, but I quickly grab my baggage and continue. Sophie didn’t even notice I had fallen behind, and is now a couple of meters away. I run towards her, but the walking traffic is unbearable.

“Wait up!” I yell, and she turns around, tapping her Tahari flats. When I reach her, we continue.

We arrive at our gate, and sit down. There’s still another half an hour till we board, and I’m tired. I shuffle through my bags to find the pillow I brought. I grab it.

“I’m gonna take a nap, ok?” I tell Sophie. She nods, and lifts up her arms for me to put my pillow in her lap. I lay down and she sits her arms on my stomach. I block out the commotion of the airport, and drift off into a dreamy state where I’m only half asleep. Sophie shuffles a bit, so I open my eyes a little, but I see she’s now closed her eyes, too.