Chapter 7

Chapter 7- Zoë’s POV

 http://www.polyvore.com/zo%C3%AB_ch.7/set?id=47695198

http://www.polyvore.com/sophie_ch.7/set?id=47695210

“Dad, I don’t feel well!” I yell down the stairs. My voice cracks and I erupt into a fit of coughing.

“Well, you’re not staying here! You’re only sixteen and the Hansons house was just broken into last week. You can come with me to work.”

I groan. Going to work with Dad was never something to look forward to; sitting in a small recording studio or conference room for hours on end with barely-famous or desperate musicians trying to make it big. It usually ended the same, an apology and a door slamming. I packed some gum, my iPod, and headed out of the door, meeting my dad in the car.

His studio was a tall brick building, whose windows were wide and tinted. I found a place to sit inside and immediately put in my headphones. I recognize the sound of a door opening, but my eyes remain closed and I ignore it. I can hear my Dad speaking with someone and the shuffling of chairs. Someone nudges my elbow and I open my eyes.

“This is my daughter Zoe.” My Dad invites me to join the conversation. I blink my eyes repeatedly to try and wake up fully. Sitting in front of my Dad’s desk is him.

Harry.

And then I wake up. I sit up straight, but I do it too quickly and purple dots dance across my vision. I look over at Sophie and she is huddled under the covers, sound asleep. My head aches; I need something to drink. Fumbling through the dark, I slip out of the room and into the small kitchen which is connected to the living room. The cabinets squeak as I rummage through them, trying to find a glass. Finally my fingers identify the shape of one, and I pull it towards me. When I turn to the fridge I’m stopped by a pair of green eyes. It’s only then that I notice the sounds of snoring from the couch have stopped, and I drop my glass.I jump. The shards scatter across the tile floor. Suddenly the lights flicker on, and see Harry at the doorway. I try to move my feet, but they stay, stuck to the floor. I bite my lip and can feel the beginnings of tears stinging in my throat.

“Harry?”

He steps closer and his smell washes over me, bringing back more than I want to remember.

“Here, let me get that.” He bends down to pick up the mess I’ve made, but I’ve already started to lean down and we bump heads. I burst into awkward laughter and Harry joins me with a smirk.

“Sorry...” he says, looking down. I nod and start to say it’s fine but he stops me. “For everything.”

“Oh...” the awkwardness falls, and I feel tears brimming in my eyes. Remembering our history, I whimper. “I mean, we were young. We didn’t know better.” I struggle with a smile.

“I missed you.” Harry admits. “A lot.”

“I, uh, well, m-me too. I guess. I mean, I-I, I missed you, not me-e.” A nervous laugh escapes my lips. The corners of his mouth go up and he steps closer. The memories of us together make my cheeks flush. On the beach, on the train, everywhere. We were inseparable. I try to bring back how I felt when he left, ashamed of myself for feeling this way now, for falling so easily. He leans in.

“Harry, wha-” something stops me. I shut my eyes and choose to let go. I close the space between us, and push myself against him. I know I’ll regret this, but our lips touch and I remember that feeling of forever. The hole that has been aching in my heart is filled... If only for this moment.