Part 29

Chapter 29: Epilogue

(2 years later)

"Hiccup," Astrid giggled while on the phone. "Yes, I know the directions." She told him as she held a dress before her person while looking in the mirror. "What has gotten you so secretive?" She asked as she discarded the green dress for a black one that hung in her closet.

"What, no reason?" Astrid answered back. "I'm this close to having Dagur raid my closet because you won't tell me what type of event this is."

"What do you mean let Dagur raid my closet?!?!" Astrid said as she heard the response from the other end. "He threw out my platform shoes last month."

"What do you mean by 'thank Thor'?!?! Those were vintage!" Astrid shouted. Hiccup must have said something on the other end as Astrid was appeased quickly. "Fine," Astrid mumbled. "I'll call Dagur." She finally agreed.

She hung up on her boyfriend and then dialed a familiar number. "What up girlfriend?!!!" Came from the other end of the line.

"Dag, come to my house. I have no clue what to wear." Astrid told him.

"Oh goody!!!" Dagur shouted from the other line and then Astrid heard him say to his wife "Honey, I'm heading to Astrid's, fashion emergency!"

"It's not an emergency!" Astrid spoke into the receiver just as she heard Mala say "Okay, have fun honey."

"It's not a fashion emergency!" Astrid repeated but Dagur just told her "Suuuuuureee it isn't." He then hung up on her and she knew it would take him less than ten minutes to get to her house. She looked at the pile of clothing already on her bed and mumbled "Maybe this is a fashion emergency."

That night Astrid was glad that for once she had let Dagur have free reign over her closet. She did want to hit him with a stiletto once or twice but she had to admit the man had style. She ended up choosing a black elegant mini dress with long sleeves and a front drape detail. Dagur insisted she forgo the bra, and while Astrid was hesitant at first, she had to admit that it added to the sensuality of the outfit. Black stilettos clicked on the pavement as she stepped out of her car and walked into the restaurant.

"Excuse me, I have a reservation under the name Haddock." She told the hostess. The woman nodded and directed her to a table near the back. The restaurant was very crowded and Astrid wondered what Hiccup was planning when he reserved a table here. Her boyfriend had not arrived yet but she took a seat at the table that had a perfect view from the front door.

She only had to wait for a couple of minutes before the lights in the restaurant dimmed and a voice spoke over the speakers. Astrid was initially caught off guard as the voice said "Tonight, introducing a proposal for a very special and lovely lady......." Her eyes widened as Hiccup, dressed in a form-fitting tuxedo, appeared from some backroom with a microphone. A familiar melody started playing while Hiccup sang and approached her table. "You're just too good to be true, I can't take my eyes off you, You'd be like heaven to touch, I wanna hold you so much." Astrid's breath hitched as she watched Hiccup getting closer to the table she sat at. The other patrons were also watching intently, some not yet comprehending what was going on.

"At long last love has arrived, And I thank God I'm alive, You're just too good to be true, Can't take my eyes off you." Hiccup stopped in front of Astrid's table with the microphone still in his hand. Hiccup sang nearly half the song as Astrid blushed at his bold declaration. And as he got to the part where he sang "And let me love you, baby, Let me love you." he then bent down on one knee and revealed a jewelry box from his pocket. Astrid gasped at the ring that sat nestled in the small black box. It was beautiful, a silver band inlaid with small diamonds while the centerpiece was shaped into flower petals and held a gleaming sapphire. "Astrid," Hiccup spoke still on one bended knee. "You are the love of my life. I can't imagine a future without you." He told her as he put the microphone down and gripped the jewelry box with both hands. "Will you do me the honor of being my wife?" He asked and looked at her hopefully.