Part 16

AN: (Eats cookies)

Chapter 16

Hiccup started doing the dishes after he had placed Astrid in bed. Toothless was already lazing on one of the fluffy pillows with his paws in the air and sleeping soundly. He had taken one last look at the sleeping blond on the small dragon before heading back down. So many secrets had been revealed in the past few hours he mused as he started drying the wine glasses. No one would blame Astrid for going into shock. His doorbell rang just as he was drying the last glass. Hiccup dried off his hands as he walked to his front door and when he opened it he was greeted with the sight of Camicazi, punk hairstyle and all, in uniform. "I'm guessing this isn't a social call." Hiccup invited her in.

"Not particularly." Camicazi mumbled. "It's about this afternoon and Fishlegs already filled me in about what happened to his girlfriend."

"Coffee, tea?" Hiccup asked as they took a seat.

"No, but thanks." Cami told him. "I was wondering if I could borrow Shimmer."

"Shimmer just had babies. She's pretty territorial right now." Hiccup told her. "Even I couldn't get close."

"Darn, it would have been helpful to have a Changewing in this situation." Cami told Hiccup.

"What are you trying to do?"

"These loan sharks that invaded this town have to go." Camicazi stated.

"Cami you know dragons don't eat humans." Hiccup told her. "They get heartburn."

"But those guys don't know that." Camicazi stated. "After what happened with Heather I know they have no qualms about killing."

"Can't you arrest them for attempted murder then?" Hiccup asked.

"Wish it was that simple. Heather isn't registered and there isn't even proof that she even exists." Cami told him somewhat in awe. "Hypothetically speaking, she'll need at least a fake, but very convincing, identity that's registered at City Hall. I can't charge someone for attempted murder of somebody that doesn't exist."

"It's a pretty big mess." Hiccup told her.

"But not as big as when you got Toothless. I think we can contain this." Camicazi stated. "The only problem is Henry."

"What's the problem?" Hiccup asked confused. Cami sighed before answering "Technically Astrid was the one that assaulted Henry. It doesn't matter what he did. I can't prove a scam unless she actually paid him and if he were to press charges for assault I'd have to bring Astrid in." Hiccup sucked in a breath "But he played her."

"Don't get me wrong Hiccup, I completely agree with Astrid. I hate to say this but your brother is a douchebag and I'd have hit him where the sun don't shine. Still, the fact remains that it was Astrid who attacked him. I'm not liking this any more than you are but if he gets it into his mind to press charges then I'll have no choice but to arrest her." Cami told him sadly.

Hiccup rubbed his temples "Is there anything you can do?"

"The loan sharks are in the wind for now but I think they are still in town, they wouldn't leave without their money. Henry's cooped up at the biker bar on third street." Camicazi told him. "So far the townsfolk are on Astrid's side and have been steering clear of your brother. I doubt Henry will even be welcomed at Viggo's now. You know how those werewolves are with pack mentality and they really like Astrid." Hiccup nodded and then said with a sigh "You know I spoke to Henry earlier. I honestly don't know what happened to him."

"You don't know or you won't admit it." Camicazi countered. She hated confronting Hiccup like this but it had to be said. "He's your brother and I know you'll always have a soft spot from him but the signs were there since High School."